Slic programming for dummies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slic programming for dummies?

Ok people, I need some help here. Does anyone know where I can get an "Idiots guide to slic" ? I've never tried to use it yet and it all seems greek to me. I'd like to set up a static defense that creates a unit when built. Basically an automatic gun emplacement or something of the sort. Or a pallisade would also be an option.

There's a guide somwhere posted by Wombat that I found extremely helpful. I've just started to learn and it's easier than it looks once you get started.
    Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Thanks, I'll look for that.

Comment

Don't bother, it (as well as my guide and some other useful stuff) can be found here.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

When I fist started learn slic I found it useful to get the events and stuff of the main apolyton page you might too.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Yes, that's essential info as well. I'm not sure if it's linked to in this thread but if it's not, you can find it [url=http://apolyton.net/ctp2/modification]here[/ur].

Comment

Well what I did was transfer all slic files in to a word document about 32 pages of it, but saying that a lot of those pages are the events . saves a lot of time and money because you don’t have to be prominently on line for help and you can make notes on the bottom
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

I did that too, only in my case I saved them as HTML and XLS files. I think some files should still be on my uni homepage.

Comment

Well the one guides you can’t beat are the scenarios. there short of a few thing but for new people they can’t be beaten

I got a lot of my firs few slic codes out of bit of them

Comment

Yeah, studying and copy-pasting existing code is probably the best way to go when you're just getting started...

Comment

I have started to right them down on pare to start with makes it easy finding stuff put on that all the time I have free away for my copy. Makes things a lot easier

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, now lets see if I can figure this out without having an aneurism....

Comment

don't work too hard

Comment

Working...
                          X