No announcement yet.

getting new units right on build list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting new units right on build list?

Hi folks. Need help again. Anyone know how to define the text for a new unit?

I am making a new ship type based on one that already exists. but in my buildlist it calls my new ship a

"UNIT_WARSHIP" (nice generic name for now...)

how I define the "title" of the UNIT_WARSHIP in units.txt so that it just says "Warship" in my build list?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Prime mover
    "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
    I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

- from Prime Mover by Rush

Just open the gl_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ folder and add the line:

UNIT_WARSHIP "Warship"

to this file.

BTW if you are working on a scenario you can also use the scen_str.txt.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for the tip

Thanks alot! For some reason when I used XP's search it did not find the string UNIT_ and some other modded unit, it did not find the strings in this file. I beginning to think XP's file search really sucks. Even window Me's works better.

Thanks again.
      "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
      I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

- from Prime Mover by Rush

Comment

Well I al ways thought you could not make the ai billed any ship dumb thing just can’t handle it.

But there is another way
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
        X