help with Activision's WW2 scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with Activision's WW2 scenario

I downloaded Activision's WW2 scenario recently, just to see what it was like, but cannot get it to work. Everytime that I try to start it up, I get kicked out of CTP2, and receive a slew of error messages. I've got the most recent patch, Do any of you guys have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

C

I never had any problems like that with it. What are the error messages?

Comment

Re: help with Activision's WW2 scenario

Originally posted by centrifuge
      I downloaded Activision's WW2 scenario recently, just to see what it was like, but cannot get it to work. Everytime that I try to start it up, I get kicked out of CTP2, and receive a slew of error messages. I've got the most recent patch, Do any of you guys have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

C
      A slew of error messages? It would help if you could tell us what kind of error messages you, for example slic, database and windows error messages are different. Oh and if you loaded a mod over ModSwapper than it shouldn't be no miracle that it does not work. The WW2 scenario of Activion does only work with the original game. By the way Peter I am suprised that you didn't mentioned
      this thread.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.
        I'm at work/school right now, so I can't give you the exact error messages. When I get home tonight, I'll check it out and post them. By the way, I am using modswapper, but I tell it to use the original game files, before trying the scenario.
        Thanks again for the help.

C

Comment

here are the errors

These are the error messages. Numbered and in order. I figure that I'll try to uninstall/reinstall and see if that does anything, other than that I'm pretty well lost as to what to do.

1. concept.txt line 72: Error

Could not find Concept_Divebomber in string database

2. Database Error

tileimp.txt:2273: Expected string ID

3. Database Error

tileimp.txt:2273: Warning: required field Statusbar missing

4. tileimp.txt:2273: Warning: required field Level missing

Comment

Re: here are the errors

These are the error messages. Numbered and in order. I figure that I'll try to uninstall/reinstall and see if that does anything, other than that I'm pretty well lost as to what to do.

1. concept.txt line 72: Error

Could not find Concept_Divebomber in string database

2. Database Error

tileimp.txt:2273: Expected string ID

3. Database Error

tileimp.txt:2273: Warning: required field Statusbar missing

4. tileimp.txt:2273: Warning: required field Level missing
            Reinstallation that would be the last thing what I do, but in the end the option, but one question before you go this way: What's your language version of CTP2. There could be a problem if you are not using a standard version like English, German, Spain or Italian. That are the options that offers the Activion's WW2 scenario installer. No French, for example. So if you are using a French or any other language version of CTP2 that isn't mentioned in the installer list than you have to find two scenario folders called:

C:\Activision\CTP2\Scenarios\Ww2\scen0000\english\

and

C:\Activision\CTP2\Scenarios\Ww2\scen0001\english\

And rename them to the name of your language folder in the main ..\ctp2_data\ folder.

-Martin

Comment

I think that I've found the problem...

For whatever reason, the WW2 scenario installed isthe german version. My CTP2 is English. I really have no Idea how this happened. I downloaded it from this site, and cannot speak German, so how I got the german version on my computer is quite confusing to me. Oh well...

Comment

Martin must be messing with our heads again....

Comment

Re: I think that I've found the problem...

For whatever reason, the WW2 scenario installed isthe german version. My CTP2 is English. I really have no Idea how this happened. I downloaded it from this site, and cannot speak German, so how I got the german version on my computer is quite confusing to me. Oh well...
                  The installation file conatians an English, German, Spain and Italian version. So you have to reinstall the WW2 scenario the first thing that will pop up when you started the ww2 installer is a language selection box, so this time you just have to make shure that English is selected instead of Deutsch.

-Martin

Comment

Actually Martin, that is exactly what I did, I made sure to select english, and it is the damndest thing because it still is installing in German. WTF? So I started playing anyway by switching the name of the German folder to english. It's playable just can't read anything I have a Masters degree in Materials Engineering and have been on Computers since the TRS80 (yes I feel old now), but when it comes to this situation I feel like I just fell off the turnip truck... Oh well, I always wanted to learn to speak German anyway.

Comment

Funny, I have the same problem now: it installs the German version of the scenario, even though I have an English (American even, if that makes a difference) version of the game. Does this scenario work for anyone with an English version of the game?
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well WinZip told me that the the *.exe file is a WISE file. A look into it with Edit Plus seemed to have confirmed it. So I searched for an WISE unpacker but all I found failed. Yeah Activision is good with using unknown formats.

-Martin

Comment

It works fine for me now, I did a reinstall of the game and the patch into the default directory and everthing worked good from then on.

Comment

Hmmm, well, decided to just play in German, will try a reinstall next time. Thanks for the advise though...
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                            X