Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed ---

Okay guys,

i'm new to wanting to mod and scenario make for a while now and still can figures things out. can someone please help me do what i want want done.....please!!!!!

brother cool

Well first, I'll direct you to the mod making guide on Hexagonia's website. After that if there's still a problem, let us know what it is and we'll try to help.

Comment

thanks ... what is the address of the site?

Comment

My signature will point the way...
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

thanks... i'll let you know if it helps.

bc

Comment

okay hex,
            it helps mostly...adding civs and such. but i want to monkey with units.
            i want to:
            1) replace the cpt2 fusion tanks graphic with the ctp1 graphic
            2) add the ctp1 storm marines back into the game
            3) maybe more...

please help.

Comment

The instructions to add a new unit are in the guide.

To replace a graphic of an existing unit do the following

In...

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata

...you will find a file called uniticon.txt - the entry for the fusion tank will look like this

ICON_UNIT_FUSION_TANK { FirstFrame "UPUP078L.TGA" Movie "NULL" Gameplay "UNIT_FUSION_TANK_GAMEPLAY" Historical "UNIT_FUSION_TANK_HISTORICAL" Prereq "UNIT_FUSION_TANK_PREREQ" Vari "UNIT_FUSION_TANK_STATISTICS" Icon "UPUP078A.TGA" LargeIcon "UPUP078L.TGA" SmallIcon "UPUP078B.TGA" StatText "UNIT_FUSION_TANK_SUMMARY" }

...the 'UPUP078.TGA' entries in that line of text are for the .tga files that appear in the Great Library and the army box. The .tgas have an 'A', 'B', or 'L' designation. This is because you will need to create three different sized .tga files for your unit.

L = 160X120 pixels, 72 dpi, .tga format, RGB, 16 bit
              A = 30X24 pixels, 72 dpi, .tga format, RGB, 16 bit
              B = 24X18 pixels, 72 dpi, .tga format, RGB, 16 bit

There should be a download section in Apolyton that will allow you to get the CTP1 tga files.

Once the graphic files are created, they can be named UPUPXXX.TGA (XXX is a number that you pick for your unit - or you can use the existing number and then overwrite the CTP2 graphics with the new ones you have), and then those files can be placed into the...

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures

...folder. I keep the 'L', 'A', and 'B' designation in the name to keep track of the files.

Make sure that you change the number designation for your new .tga files in uniticon.txt.

To change the sprite, you will need to get the sprite. It usually named in this format - GUXXX.spr (XXX refers to the number designation and should be kept below 200). The Modder's guide has a listing of the sprite numbers that are not being used by the Modders. Place your sprite in the...

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites

...folder, and then locate the file newsprite.txt in the...

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata

...folder. For the fusion tank, change the number designation in that file to the number you picked for your sprite. (Or simply use the same number as the old sprite and overwrite the CTP2 sprite with the CTP1 sprite.)
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

okay...my main problem is L, A, B pics and which of the tgas i got is the old fusion tank.
                and, to 'create' a sprite? do i need a program to create it or what?
                sorry for all these questions, but i'm a visual learner and do something when someone just 'tells' me what to do.

bc

Comment

Yes you do for sprite generation you need a copy of something with an alpha channel support (eg paint shop pro 7) and the sprit maker can be found tin the apolyton ctp2 database at

http://apolyton.net/ctp2/files/Modification/Utilities/
                  "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                  The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                  Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

okay...my main problem is L, A, B pics and which of the tgas i got is the old fusion tank.
                    The tgas of old CtP1 units can be found here: http://apolyton.net/ctp2/files/Modification/Graphics/ (bottom two items of the list)
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

locutos some of those graphics were taken straight form the game it would be so much nicer if some would use the read zfs program and get them form the ctp folders on there hard drive
                      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Yeah, that would probably look better, but someone would have to collect all the pics and put them in a zip for the rest of us. So, are you volunteering?

Comment

I would the second I find a copy of ctp

Comment

Locutus, I believe he did. Look at this:

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                            I volunteer to use the read zfs program to extract all the ctp1 tgas from the original files.
                            I knew he'd do it.

Comment

D'oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X