No announcement yet.

Lord Of The Rings Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put .zip on the end and they now work thanks!

I think a Silmarillion scenario would be good set around either the Battle of Suddern Flame or the Battle of Unumbered Tears or the War of Wrath. These events give Morgoth a shed load of units to attack with which aren't held back by the elves, like Orcs, Balrogs, Dragons etc. The Civs could be(like in the Civ2 scen):

1) Fingolfins Noldor: The elves of Mithrim, Gondolin, Nargothrond etc.
    2) Sons of Feanor: The Noldor round the March of Maedhros, the hill of Himring and East Beleriand.
    3) The Sindar: Thingols elves and Cirdan at the Falas
    4) Ossariand (sp?): The green elves.
    5) Dwarves:
    6) The Edain: All the men in Beleriand
    7) Morgoth

These could be expanded upon depending upom map size etc. Certain first age events could be worked in using SLIC.

A second age scenario involving Numenor I think would be harder.

But for now I think I'll just work on a LOTR one.
    Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

OK I think I've put the files from the fantasyunits zip in the right places but I've tried editing some of the text files to get them working but I just get error messages. What files exactly do I have to create/edit to get the units in a scenario?

Comment

Martin, stop spamming the LotR thread

Turambar, to add units you need to edit:

default/gamedata/
        units.txt - the main unit entry, all abilities and stats REQUIRED
        newsprite.txt - the reference to which sprite you want to use REQUIRED
        uniticon.txt - the graphic and great library reference for that unit REQUIRED

english/gamedata/
        gl_str.txt - the name in text form RECOMMENDED
        Great_Library.txt - the details, history and fact about the unit USEFUL but not strictly necessary. If you include references in uniticon.txt add the correct lines (copy existing format) but leave blanks

default/aidata/
        UnitBuildLists.txt - needed for any units you want the AI to build, otherwise they will just ignore them NECESSARY (for base units like rhohan riders, mordor orcs etc. not wanted for Gandalf etc.)
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

links fixed
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks. I figured out what to edit today but it keeps crashing when I tried to load up a scenario with the edited units in. I'll keep trying though. I got the cities to work though.

Comment

Working...
            X