Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
    "the short discription here on Apolyton? "

Do you mean the documentation or the discussion between WesW and Richard Myers?
    I mean the documentation I don't know wheather it is in the discussion thread between WesW and Richard Myers, I will check this out later.

OK let's go back to the original topic in the order entries there is also a entry Move 100. I guess that determines how much this order in move points cost. 100 move points are the costs to move one quare like grassland no rivers and no roads. But this could also mean that you only can pay 100 move points to the order maybe to increase this number could help.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by DDowell
      Sorry FrenzyHuman, no can do.

Tried it myself a while ago and I also went here in hope of finding some info but they all said the same as I'm telling you now:

The bombardment range is fixed to 1 no matter what you enter in the .txt files.
      DDowell,

I don't remember this coming up before and can't find a link. Could you expand on this?

Thanks,

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
        I don't remember this coming up before and can't find a link. Could you expand on this?
        I've searched for those old threads but came up empty handed.
        Although I can tell you that what I was writing was the truth. How can I be so sure:
        1. This is the only forum I knew of at the time that was concerned with CTP2.
        2. I joined the forum at that point.

This is all the info I can give you, sorry.

Anyway, this thread exists now so maybe the issue will be resolved once and for all.

BTW, I have problems finding older threads (>1 year). I doesn't matter what search words I use or time period (are they removed?).
        So much to do in so little time...

Comment

Originally posted by DDowell
          BTW, I have problems finding older threads (>1 year). I doesn't matter what search words I use or time period (are they removed?).
          This was before the server move of earlier today, right? That problem should be solved now.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

We have all(?) the archives back?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Most of them are, AFAIK only Apolyton and Off-Topic are still (and probably permanently) absent. And of course everything that was already in an archive at the time we switched from UBB to vBB (which Dan and Markos were never able to convert to vBB) but that's the *really* old stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by FrenzyHuman
                The solution to create a temporary unit close to target and bombard the target,
                then kill the temporary unit is very complicated. Because of the terrain, for example,
                you have a battle ship with bombard range 2 to bombard an inland city which is located
                one square to the ocean, then how can you do that?
                change the terrain as well while bombarding?
                The easiest solution would be to make a new unit (which cannot normally be built) with the appropriate bombard strength and land & sea movement ability. I don't know how you'd actually activate the ability on the original unit to trigger the SLIC code though.

Comment

Although I can tell you that what I was writing was the truth.
                  I believe you, I believe you. I tried playing with this last week when Poly was down and got absolutely nowhere with it.

It seems though that someone's been down this road before and I was hoping to find out what they said. But I've had no luck with searches either.

Comment

There appears to be some sort of bug with the search feature... see this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X