Wonder Possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops, sorry...

Nobody noticed the major error in the readme then... I hadn't included the tileset indices for each one. I will do so once I put in the last city expansions, and finish the tile file next week.

cya round
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Completely unrelated to anything in this thread but still...

I hate websites with dark colors, but I like the color-use of that readme, Ben
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• thanks
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I took a look at the readme - looks good. Are you going to post the files as compatible to Cradle? If so, use the 1.32 files as you base.

For now, I would like to keep them as a separate setup (like Leonardo's Graphics improvement package) until it has been publically tested. Once the reports start coming in that it is stable, I will bundle it as an official update. That update will be my last one for Cradle too, as I have something else going on now...
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• I was originally intending only to post as compatible with vanilla CtP2, but include the detailed instructions to add it to your own mod. This is largely because I don't want to be fiddling around with Cradle files that I might get wrong, or mess up, and it would be easier for you to do the admin on that one.
            Its not that hard to be honest. One SLIC file, one tile file (both easy) - and one text file, slightly harder.

Comment

• Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?

Comment

• How is the city expansion working on?

I am asking because a few days ago i started to change some stuffs in the blueO's city expansion to change goods/terrains for TIs. I have finish this variation and it seems the placements are working nicely.
                The only problem was with the destruction of them wich i hope i had fix that by changing the city destroyed improvement with the CutImprovement function.
                Maybe you guys, more experienced slicers, may want to take a better look in it:
                Attached Files
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

• I had originally intended to rework it completely, I can't follow BlueO's code very easily at all. But my version crashes the game, so I would have had to start again anyway...
                  Does it work??
                  If so, then fantastic I'll check it over and use it.

Thanks Pedrunn

(btw, in the roads thing at the end, here:
                  Code:
                  if(!TileHasImprovement(tmpLoc, TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_ROAD))
                  	 		&&!TileHasImprovement(tmpLoc, TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_RAILROAD))
                   			&&!TileHasImprovement(tmpLoc, TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_MAGLEV))) {
                  you need && instead of || I think.)

Also, do all those units really knock off a population point?

um... wow.

I'm speechless.
                  thankyou.

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Code:
                    you are right and that also pointed me to a mistake i did wich was going to happen in the late ages (I didnt play so far yet).

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    I had originally intended to rework it completely, I can't follow BlueO's code very easily at all. But my version crashes the game, so I would have had to start again anyway...
                    Does it work??
                    I have played only the early ages. Wich has only one improvent type (TILEIMP_ANCIENT_CITY_ONE). And it worked! Now i am making some modifications to fit into you Wonder code wich i dont think it will take long. And i am also fixing the bug that it was going to appear in the late ages (wich has more than one imp type) wich i found with you comment about the last code.

Ooops that is a customization to my mod wich a pop should equal 1,000 (i cant change the UI :doitnow and infantry units takes a pop off the city but also adds when disbanded (remember this cod )
                    [/QUOTE]
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Code:
                      you are right and that also pointed me to a mistake i did wich was going to happen in the late ages (I didnt play so far yet).

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      I had originally intended to rework it completely, I can't follow BlueO's code very easily at all. But my version crashes the game, so I would have had to start again anyway...
                      Does it work??
                      I have played only the early ages. Wich has only one improvent type (TILEIMP_ANCIENT_CITY_ONE). And it worked! Now i am making some modifications to fit into you Wonder code wich i dont think it will take long. And i am also fixing the bug that it was going to appear in the late ages (wich has more than one imp type) wich i found with you comment about the last code.

Ooops! that is a customization to my mod wich a pop should equal 1,000 (i cant change the UI though :doitnow: ) and infantry units takes a pop off the city but also adds when disbanded (remember this code ) .
                      For others mods i think just the settlers units should be in the code
                      Attached Files
                      -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Hmm, I had to do some fixing, adding, altering etc. to get it to fit with 5 styles of suburb, and there were some things that needed a bit of alteration from the goods to the tile improvements.

Also, I have allowed the pillaging of suburbs - it turns them into razed ones. I figured if you can raze cities, you should be able to raze suburbs. You cannot raze your own, or neutral ones.

Comment

• That's really wierd. It seems to work ok... but the reducing city thing doesn't work, and sometimes the medieval age suburbs downgrade to ancient ones.

I'm a mite confused.

Comment

• What medieval age suburb?
                            Are you talking about my code or yours ???
                            -Jean Rostand

Comment

• medieval = BlueO's ancient age

That's in my code. Its wierd.

I was playing with one huge city to see what would happen. (I surrounded my city with water, science to 0%, PW to 100%) I got to 1300AD, and the AI sent a tank over in a helicopter and wiped me out. Urgh.

Comment

• Sorry, I got confused because i also cant get the cities to reduce. Probably it is just a coincidence.
                                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                                X