X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this.
    Attached Files
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• What about using some old the old civ2 graphics I only had it for the playstation but on that copy there was a view city command was there one for the PC and if so why can’t we use some of them.

And any way has anybody had the idea to make a dam may be interesting
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Nice work guys. This is yet one more unique achievement for the Ctp2 community here.

Comment

• Immortal Wombat:

That black and white of the Taj Mahal looks to be almost at the perfect angle.

Is there any way to colourize it?

Any artists out there willing to give it a go?

Comment

• I put some SimCity3000 pics in the Locutus/wonderart folder. 20-25 files out of 95 (according to some websites). The Taj Mahal thingie doesn't look too good but it's bette than nothing. Dome of the Rock, Aya Sofia and Eiffel Tower look much better than the existing ones...

(see website for rest of pics - FTP: ftp.250free.com; user: ctpmodmakers; password: bl00drun)
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Locutus: Those are great looking pics

Man, this thing is looking better and better. . .

The Wonders definitely look better with trees, etc around them - gives them a "complete" look.

Comment

• They are good pics Locutus, I'll look at doing them at the weekend . I 'll probably use that Taj Mahal, I'm not confident I 'll be able to do anything with the black and white one.
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Run some searches for Sim City fan sites with building downloads... lots of good stuff there. More modern buildings mostly, some may be good for futuristic landmarks.

examples:
                  An excellent SimCity 3000 website with a plethora downloads for the SimCity 3000 add-ons Building Architect and Building Architect Plus.

freechinataiwan.tripod.com
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Smiley, I did do that but I didn't find either of the sites you mentioned, thanks for the links. They don't contain anything *really* useful though. The only thing we're *really* looking for at the moment (AFAIK) is Angkor Wat...

Comment

• Btw, what is the status of the city expansion trigger? This would go very well with the wonder code.

Comment

• Its possible, I just need to work on it, but I don't know ATM if I can run both at once, it depends on finding space in the tile files that works.

Comment

• Immortal Wombat: I came across this picture of Stonehenge accidentally, and thought it might be useful:

Comment

• It would be really cool to have city expansion and wonders in the same game, sacrifice a few wonders to make room if you must (we could do without the Blue Mosque or Temple of Solomon as far as I'm concerned)...

Comment

• Which takes priority. If there is limited space, will wonders be cleared for building work? Or only if they're an age behind maybe?

I'm sorry nothing has happened for a while, I'm being kept very busy at the moment, and I'll be working flat out until mid-June. Stupid AS exams.
                              I will get this lot sorted out.

Comment

• You mean on the map? Can't you make it so that both are displayed? If there are 'suburbs' south of the city, place the wonder pic north (and vice versa) - just find an empty tile for the one that comes last. Or do the 'suburbs' take up all the room around the city? In that case I'd give wonders precedence as there should only be one or two per city opposed to 6 or more 'suburbs'...

Comment

Working...
                                X