X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 europe front

I have beeing making a WW2 europe front scenario
    and i'm a totall sucker with tile improofments
    would someone of you be able to do a concentrecion camp improofment for the nazi Germany
    it would be producive and commercial (because the nazi's used the remains of the prisnors in soap and other things and of course they letted them work)

so if anyone would be able to do that i would wery apriciate it

and one else how do you add tile improofments from the WW2 activision scenario into the game
    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

You've GOT to be f**king joking, right?!

Comment

ElvisMonster:

I know this is a contentious issue for some, but I've also been toying around with the idea of concentration camps for the World At War MOD (though not specifically for the Germans). My thoughts were to have an event available called "Holocaust" which allowed you to build concentration camps in cities. For each city that has one, 1/3rd of the population is imprisoned. The side effects would be:
      Adv:
      +production
      +commerce
      happiness set to 75 (like the mind controller in CTP1)

Disadv:
      MASSIVE global regard hit from civs not your government
      When you lose this city the population is released back onto the city and happiness set to 85 for a while

My idea was that you would call the Holocaust against another civ in the game, and from that point on it was "to death do we part".

Comment

yeah

that's what i want

great ...
        could you do it

and ElvisMonster
        they used the hair of the prisnors in pillows there ashes in soap
        and they took all golden teeth's out and put in the Reichbank (i dont now if this is the right spelling)

Comment

An more obvious and less controversial explanation for concentration camps as tile improvement would be that they also served as work camp and the prisoners as slaves. From the website of Dachau:

In the period before the war, the prisoners had to work both in the management and the maintainance of the camp, as well as in different types of SS-owned industries: road construction, gravel pits and cultivating the moor. During the war years, the manpower of the prisoners became even more important to the German armaments industry. From 1942, a network of subsidiary camps and work detachments were established in which over 30,000 prisoners worked almost exclusively for the German armaments industry.

As German airplane production became more and more endangered, the Nazis decided to produce important armaments, airplanes and rockets in huge underground factories. As a result, two large camp complexes were established, as subsidiary camps of Dachau: Kaufering and Mühldorf.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

yeap

well if anyone of you genius could do it
            it would be great

Comment

Re: yeah

Originally posted by ískallin
              Reichbank (i dont now if this is the right spelling)
              Just, because you asked the correct spelling is Reichsbank. An possible translation for this would be Empire's Bank or Bank of the (German) Empire, your spelling would be Rich Bank in English.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Re: Re: yeah

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                Just, because you asked the correct spelling is Reichsbank. An possible translation for this would be Empire's Bank or Bank of the (German) Empire, your spelling would be Rich Bank in English.
                Well, if you start nit-picking, I wanna get in on some of the action The proper translation would be Emperial Bank, but the English version is actually (very originally) called the Bank of England.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: yeah

Originally posted by Locutus
                  The proper translation would be Emperial Bank, but the English version is actually (very originally) called the Bank of England.

Wouldn't it be Imperial Bank?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

well what so ever

Reichbank or Reichsbank

it seams that i have to start doing the map AGAIN
                    this is the third time and this time i was finished with Germany, France, Great Britain , Belgium, The Neatherlands Spain and Portugal
                    that so totally suck

Comment

Re: well what so ever

Ben,
                      D'oh!

Originally posted by ískallin
                      it seams that i have to start doing the map AGAIN
                      Why?

Comment

because

When i started to do it i started on 8 players and i saved it as a scenario so i can't cange it to 21 players

well i haven't beeing trying wery much because i got so angry i went slaugtering every city in the world in WAW

Comment

First off, I'm not a politically correct "thought nazi", and I do enjoy the historical parallels that the Civilization series tries to create. However, a disgusting human tragedy like the Holocaust should not be trivialized in this manner.

You know what? On second thought, why don't we take it a little further! Let's make Jews an actual resource in the game?! Then you can build improvements to get the most out of your resource! You could have camps with ovens or showers, or even both! You could even add different commands to the units so they can rape or even just lay the smack down on the Jewish resource tiles! It would create happiness for your Civ and even possibly improve the moral of your units! Wait, then we'd have to figure out a way to actually make "moral" a measurable, tangible, statistic.

Also taken from the Dachau website:

"During the war Dachau concentration camp became a place of mass murder. Beginning in October 1941, thousands of Soviet prisoners of war were brought to Dachau and shot. Also, others who the Gestapo, the Secret Police ordered to be executed, were transported to Dachau and killed.

A large number of prisoners were misused by SS doctors for medical experiments. There were high altitude experiments, cooling and freezing experiments, a series of malaria experiments and others. An unknown number of prisoners died excruciating deaths.

So-called invalid transports began in January 1942. More than 3000 prisoners were taken to the former sanatorium at Hartheim castle near Linz, and murdered there with Carbon monoxide.

There were 30,000 registered deaths in the Dachau concentration camp. Additional, thousands who were not registered were murdered in Dachau. The prisoners died of starvation, sickness, exhaustion, degradation, beating, and torture. They were shot, hanged and killed with injections.

In1942 a gas chamber was also built in the Dachau concentration camp, but inexplicably, it was not used. It was located within the new crematorium, a larger building whose construction with four ovens became necessary when the first crematorium, which had only one oven, proved inadequate."

Have some respect for what is very well one of the more disgusting and deplorable events in the history of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisMonster
                            You know what? On second thought, why don't we take it a little further! Let's make Jews an actual resource in the game?! Then you can build improvements to get the most out of your resource! You could have camps with ovens or showers, or even both! You could even add different commands to the units so they can rape or even just lay the smack down on the Jewish resource tiles! It would create happiness for your Civ and even possibly improve the moral of your units! Wait, then we'd have to figure out a way to actually make "moral" a measurable, tangible, statistic.
                            It would be possible I suppose. How would the AI cope?

Have some respect for what is very well one of the more disgusting and deplorable events in the history of humanity.
                            By ignoring it?
                            Personally, I don't see how it would help in a game, (if you're so far behind you need to resort to drastic measures, then going to war with the whole world isn't going to help matters...) but if a 'holocaust' event is in there, not against any one group, but as a way of, yes, exploiting the population as a resource, then I don't have a problem with it. But it would cost seriously on the diplomatic side of things.

Isk, Start a game with 21 players, load the map, and then resave as a scenario.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ummm, yeah, great point. I'd think "ignoring it" in a friggin' video game is INFINATLEY preferable to trivializing it in this manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X