Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I do to traslate Apolyton Pack in my language??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I do to traslate Apolyton Pack in my language??

I want to traslate the Apolyton Pack v1.02 from english to italian, because my CPT2 it's now in a language which isa mix between english and italian, and it isn't so beatiful...

How can I do??? What are (I think I must modify files.txt) the files that I must change???

Previously thanx

Change the English folder name to Italian:
    Call to Power 2/ctp2_data/english

And I think "only" all the txt files in the Gamedata folder inside the language folder has to be translated.
    Mainly the name between " " (Except some files like the great library)

Good luck with the Great Library.txt

PS: Maybe someone has a Italian Version of the game here in the Apolyton Community. So all you need is to download their Italian folder.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

All the language-specific files are in the ctp2_data/english directory. (or maybe /italian direectory)
      All the files in there will need translating if you want a totally italian game. The most important are gl_str.txt, ldl_str.txt and Great_Library.txt.

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I've already translated the gl_txt, i.e. that in which there are the names of units, improvements, governs, terrains, and advances.
        Now it's time to translate Great Library!!!

When I'll finish all traslations of Apolyton in italian, I'll contact the webmasters for an upload... but I don't think that it will be soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ElvenKing
          Now it's time to translate Great Library!!!
          Actual the Great Library wasn't the real pain. It just adds some new conceps:

CONCEPT_CLASSIC_AGE
          CONCEPT_COMPUTER_AGE
          CONCEPT_FUTURE_AGE
          CONCEPT_INDUSTRIAL_AGE
          CONCEPT_MEDIEVAL_AGE

Ben uses an robot translator to translate it from German into English. The main improves of this Great Library are:

Added building prerequisites, some fixes here and there and of course using as much slic code as possible to get the numbers for the single effects from the database directly. And finnally I added some more unit statistics. Oh and if you like to use the AI-Entity and the according advace and the according building, it is already in the German and English version.

The real pain started as I modified the grammers file for Apolyton Pack: APOL_str_loc.txt. It contains all the grammatical cases for all leader and civs names. Note that the is not such a file for the English version of the game as all cases in English looks like each other except the genitive.

APOL_civ_str.txt should also a bit of work as you don't want anglicized city names. In most cases I used the German version of the original civ_str.txt as a base and added the rest of the 50 names from the English list, without any germanisation. I did not replaced the female leader names by male ones as that meant to replace all the female pronouns in the other files by male pronouns. That sound a little bit odd if you selected a male leader and female pronouns are used and espeacily in German that sounds ugly as there are much more forms that indicates the gender. And without changing that the APOL_str_loc.txt was long enough.

The last one is the APOL_info_str.txt that should be a small task as you have just to translate the age entered messages.

BTW you can also try to translate the history information of the new goods in GoodMod. That task needed more time, fortunatly I used the history information from CTP1 for the CTP1 goods.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X