No announcement yet.

How to extract ctp original wav files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to extract ctp original wav files?

I assume all the wav files are in sound.zfs, but is there a way to extract the individual files? I want to use the phalanxdeath sound outside the game.

Is there a place on the web that has done this already?

Much appreciated

You should check the side of Martin the Dane he made a tool called readzfs: http://mbv.dk/uk/civ_ctp.html

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

genau was ich gesucht hab! Danke Martin!!

Comment

I did the awesomest thing with that sound file: I use a program called Popup Ad Filter (the best popup killer I've ever used, btw) and it lets you use your own .wav file that it plays whenever it kills a popup.

The phalanx dying is my personal favorite, and it amuses me to no end. I actually like sites with popups now. Try it!!

Comment

Well, well, I se someone found a use for one of my programs that I had not anticipated.

But killing pop-ups thats a good cause.... well except if it's pop-ups on my site but where do I get that magnificant program?

Martin the Dane
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

I have some suggestions to improve your program:

1. If I want to save a file I have to reselect the destination directory everytime when I started the programe.

2. Another problem is if I like to save a huge bunch of files I have to do it with every file seperately.

BTW Martin the release of Civ3 destroyed the illusions of some people and that make them to go back to CTP2. And therefore more and more people will use your CTP programs. And another by the way, it was a good decision to make the CTP1 Great Library entries available on your homepage, that allowd me to fill the good history entries of the English version of my GoodMod, thanks.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Which version are you using?

1. If I want to save a file I have to reselect the destination directory everytime when I started the programe.
              That was added in version 2.0.0.2 along with a few bug fixes.

2. Another problem is if I like to save a huge bunch of files I have to do it with every file seperately.
              I'll se waht I can do, if it is easy I'll have a patch ready in a few days if not, we'll have to se

Comment

Ok, it turned out to be preaty easy to add the abillity to save multiple files in one go.
                What was not easy was fixing the bug that I discovered along the way.

The end result is:
                • Added save multiple selected files.
                • Added a search feature so now you can search for a specific filename within the open .zfs-file and for files with a specific string.
                • Fixed Save All Files so now _all_ files are saved, not just the selected file.

Get ReadZFS Version 2.1 Build 3

Martin the Dane

Comment

Working...
                X