apolyton mod problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apolyton mod problem

I download and installed the Apolyton mod v1.01 (and modswapper, of course.)

started up a game. when I went to the screen to pick a country, it didn't change the name when I toggled the gender of the leader, it just stayed with the male name. and later in the game, it would give messages to me occasionally, calling me "ma'am".

is this a known bug, just ignore it? fixed in v1.02? never heard of it, reinstall CTP and the Mod pack?

thanks for any help.

I don't know why Harlan kicked out the female names, but it seems that he wasn't consequently enough to kick out the female expressions. As I translated this file into German left the female names in as I saw this problem. And in a German version this problem would be much greater as I you would have to edit the huge grammer file.

To fix it just open the APOL_civ_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata folder, there you will find something like this:

# uncapitalized versions
    #
    PRONOUN_HE_MALE "er"
    PRONOUN_HE_FEMALE "sie"
    PRONOUN_HIM_MALE "ihm"
    PRONOUN_HIM_FEMALE "ihr"
    PRONOUN_HIS_MALE "sein"
    PRONOUN_HIS_FEMALE "ihr"

# capitalized versions
    #
    PRONOUN_HE_MALE_CAP "Er"
    PRONOUN_HE_FEMALE_CAP "Sie"
    PRONOUN_HIM_MALE_CAP "Ihm"
    PRONOUN_HIM_FEMALE_CAP "Ihr"
    PRONOUN_HIS_MALE_CAP "Sein"
    PRONOUN_HIS_FEMALE_CAP "Ihr"

I think you can guess what to do, as I have not enough time to explain it. Of coarse you should explore this file and you will figure out how to readd the female leader names.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
    X