can the AI make my new units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the AI make my new units

I have had a problem with the AI and my city maneges building old units like the war walker when I have mad a ten times better unit.

I just want some one to say you have to alter file x or something
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Find the
    UnitBuildLists.txt
    file

Make sure your new unit is a part of the various lists, in regards to the type of unit it is (RANGED, FLANKER, DEFENSE and so forth)

The units further down each list will trump those above.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

what about new buildings will I have to do anything special for them and tech.

thanks anyway I did not expect a reply so soon after posting
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Take a look into your ..\ctp2_data\default\aidata folder, there you find all these files:

BuildingBuildLists.txt
        BuildListSequences.txt
        ImprovementLists.txt
        UnitBuildLists.txt
        WonderBuildLists.txt

Note so far as we no the ImprovementLists.txt doesn't work. The default one looks unfinished and nevertheless the AI build most of the aivailable stuff except the commerce tile improvements and terraforming.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

has any body ever maid tile improvements. I made Some myself and and would like to find a way to get the AI to make stuff. I will have a look and if I find anything I will post it thanks.

Comment

So you mean, you need to know how the AI places TI's. The AI places the production and food improvements automaticly, it uses the ones with the highest highest effect to terrain tiles, that are are available for the AI. Unfortunatly the AI routines for commerce improvements are missing. Therefore I made this Commerce Improvents for AIs slic file. It is a little bit long as I avoided slic functions.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

lets put it in chieftain language

if I make a tile improvement the AI automatically picks the more higher value (farm,road and net) and sticks it on the tile.

is that right

Comment

Working...
              X