Help-32 civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-32 civs

I know this might sound stupid to all you modders out there, but how do you modify ctp2 so that you can have 32 civs?

Any help is appreciated.

Just open the userprofile.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. There you find a line line like:

NumPlayers=17

Change the number there to 33 and you can start a game with 32 players + Barbarins. But be warned I never was able to save a game with more than 28 players and load it without a crach. But I think 28 players are also OK, if your computer is fast enough.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Danke

My comp's performance related specs are:

P4 1.7 Ghz
      512 MB RAM
      64 MB nVidia GeForce 2

I don't think I'll have much of a problem playing with that many civs.

Comment

Well there's a problem:

I can't find the userprofile.txt where you specified, and i performed a search and there were no results either.

Comment

Any one know how to add 28 cives to an already existent scenario
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

I only know that I find my userprofile.txt in my C:\Activision\CTP2\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. It should be there.

Originally posted by The Big Mc
            Any one know how to add 28 cives to an already existent scenario
            You could use the import/export fuction of the chat window. Open the chat window by typing ' and enter /exportmap .txt. Now CTP2 should save your map in text format. I hope it will save also the positions of your units and so on.

Now start a new game with 28 civs and enter in the chat window /importmap .txt. Important is that the size of the map of your new game is the same as the size of the map that you whish to import.

Now you should get your scenario map and you can place the units of you additive civs. Note that you have to create a scenario with units on the map and one with just starting points. I only was able to start scenarios with units with more than eight civs. If you use starting points CTP2 will drop back your MaxPlayers to eight.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
              Just open the userprofile.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. There you find a line line like:

NumPlayers=17

Change the number there to 33 and you can start a game with 32 players + Barbarins. But be warned I never was able to save a game with more than 28 players and load it without a crach. But I think 28 players are also OK, if your computer is fast enough.

-Martin
              Martin, I just want a clarification here, when you say 28 players is a problem, then which of the following settings will have problem:

NumPlayers=27
              NumPlayers=28
              NumPlayers=29

because I am always confused by the terms people using here, basically we are talking about

human player + AI players + barbarin

so 28 is for which of the above three or some combination?

Thanks

Comment

thanks I started the game with two rivals and I want to add more to make into tmp players that I don't want to get on with barbarians I may be able do it now.
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

RedArmy, from my userprofile.txt you see that I start every new game with 17 players. Every player has a number from 0 up to 16 in my case. Player 0 is allways the Barbarians. The Barbarians are not a civ. The rest of the players are civs. Usually player 1 is the human player, so 15 AI civs are left.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X