Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Hey again,
    Just wondering if there was any SLIC file or whatever they are, for some sort of warning just before attacking another civ.

I mean sometimes, when i play i tend to dont see them and end up accidently attacking my neighbours (that i have a peace treaty with) and then they distrust me.

So what i want to know is, is that has anybody got something that would help me?

e.g/ "Are you sure you wish to cancel you peace treaty?"
    (summot like that)

Thanks...

I think it is possible to code such a file, but unfortunatly I won't have enough time to code it.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

While I was looking in 'info_str' the first message reads

"If we violate our Treaty with the {player[1].civ_name_plural}.............(blah blah)............. Are you sure you want to do this, {player[0].sir}?"

That sounds like the EXACT thing I'm looking for and that is in the actual ctp2 data itself. But I don't see it anywhere when I'm playing

And that list is listed ' Instant Action Messages' there for it should tell you straight away.

Other messages in the same list work properly such as 'cant support so many military units etc...

I'm confused

Comment

While I was looking in 'info_str' the first message reads

"If we violate our Treaty with the {player[1].civ_name_plural}.............(blah blah)............. Are you sure you want to do this, {player[0].sir}?"

That sounds like the EXACT thing I'm looking for and that is in the actual ctp2 data itself. But I don't see it anywhere when I'm playing

And that list is listed ' Instant Action Messages' there for it should tell you straight away.

Other messages in the same list work properly such as 'cant support so many military units etc...

I'm confused

Comment

The trouble is that you have to find an event that would be a violation of a treaty (like a attack order) then stop it, then message, then if they do want to break the treaty, allow the action to continue. That is how I tried to approach the razing/taking city problem, before Martin did one where you took the city, then razed it afterwards *hits self*

The only thing I see this way is to let you kill the enemy unit then message you, then if you had broken a treaty inadvertantly, move your unit back where it was, and replace the AI units. Very difficult to do.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I agree.

But what is the 'info_str' file? I mean in there, are quite a few messages and the very first one says something about breaking a treaty (the EXACT kind I'm looking for) but I don't have a clue why its there because I don't see that message in the game.

It reads:
            IA_BREAK_TREATY "If we violate our Treaty with the {player[1].civ_name_plural}, we will not only make them angry, we will also run the risk of losing regard with the leaders of the world. Are you sure you want to do this, {player[0].sir}?"

Well there you go -- exactly what I want BUT where in the game do you see this???????

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler

Well there you go -- exactly what I want BUT where in the game do you see this???????

The short but incredibly unhelpful answer would be to say "I don't, I haven't played the game in months"

The longer but more helpful answer would be to say er.... something constructive...

I seem to remember the message did come up, but only sporadically, just some of the time. Do you have a peace treaty, or just a cease-fire? or research pact or something? Perhaps it is just left-over code from CtP that wasn't deleted.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I go with the left over from CTP1 theory. I tried adding a line to usercritmsg.txt (there are more of these type of messages there) but nothing happened except a big crash upon exiting the game.

Comment

Working...
                X