Adding Feats Of Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Feats Of Wonder

I want to add several feats of wonder to my scenerio. I've made enteries in feat.txt, feats.slc and feat_str.txt, however, I still cannot get the feat to trigger. What am I doing wrong? Am I overlooking a file that needs an entry or do I have to write it in SLIC?

Good grief, the game's been out almost a year now and I can't recall that anybody's added any new feats. How about posting what you've done so people can have a look at it and try to figure out why it doesn't work.

Comment

There is an answer to this. Simpy edit the Advance.txt file so the TriggerFeat line is in place. For example, with computers:

ADVANCE_COMPUTER {

Prerequisites ADVANCE_CORPORATE_REPUBLIC
      Prerequisites ADVANCE_ELECTRICITY

Cost 40711
      Icon ICON_ADVANCE_COMPUTER
      Branch 0
      Age AGE_THREE
      TriggerFeat FEAT_ADVANCE_COMPUTERS
      }

Adding the line highlighted in red will trigger the feat you name in there. Just type in the feat you made, and voila, it should work.

Comment

But what about adding a feat that is not tied to an advance, such as, lets say, being the first to fly around the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Darque
          But what about adding a feat that is not tied to an advance, such as, lets say, being the first to fly around the world?
          That would almost certainly have to be SLICed, with no official FoW status. No-one has found a way to add any feats other than those tied to advances as far as I know. Most of the triggers (sail around the world etc) would need to be hard-coded flags.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
          X