No announcement yet.

Changing type of barbarian units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry double post just can't be bothered to waste time deleting it.

I had a look and your problem is just getting bigger I just can't seam to get any enemy to attack with anything good

Something has just hit me (probably a book)

when you tried the attack on what setting did you have the AI on easy or hard.

I always mod in easy what if to get the special attacks working you need rock hard on.

The idea for the capsules is coming on I recon I could have it up and running shortly I finish this one.

problem is that I can't seam to get pas one error diplomacy 40 syntax error.

the big mc :
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Some hints for you guys:
      in order to make barabrian unse those special abilities, you need to cheage values in strategies.txt (it is in ctp2_data\default\aidata folder)
      there is an entry for barabarian strategy. There are some goals which are set to 0. You should chage goals like soothsay, sue, convert, enslave, etc... to values in defeult strategies. That way barabarians specail units would use their abilities

Note: This doesn't work for franchisnig (I don't know why)
      also in these following abilities goals are not suppeorted:
      -Plaque city (infector), Advertise (Corp. Branch), Incite Uprising (Abolionist)

Other abilities will do fine.

Also there is a thread in last few weeks, where I added those missing abilities for AI (franchising still doesn't work for AI)
      Don't remember the name of thread.

Comment

I'll have to try changing those values!
        Thanks for the pointter!

Do the barbarians still need cash to launch those attacks?

As for it not working on franchising;
        well, that is all about draining productivity, right?
        If the barbarians don't have a city, wheres it gonna go?
        Maybe thats why...

On the other claw,
        Did you get barbarian slavers to do anything?
        If so, I wonder where the population went!

As for the difficulty level, I'm at 'hard'

It sounds as if we are getting close!

Comment

I didn't tried all of those, but they surely need cash.
          About slaver, I don't know, I haven't experimented that much.

Franchising still puzzles me, since it also doesn't work for other AIs (not only barbarian).

Comment

thank you player one it's a same you are stopping moding.

I got past the diplomacy problem I think it's a problem with the code I'll mod it a bit and then get it working right.

the next problem

money

how do modern terrorists get it. Advances, I will put in a bit of code so that a spy will come along every so often steel an advance and then sell it to the AI players for lots of gold,

steel stuff

in my mod slaving is back because it is a future mod you steel robots and parts for robots.

I will launch this code after I finish tinkering with this mod.

also whey are all the dates and clocks on this site off.

the big mc
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
              how do modern terrorists get it.
              I vote a mysterious anonymous backer...
              Code:
              AddGold(0, 5000);

Oh, and the dates and times are probably set up incorrectly in your control-panel options. Click on the "control panel" link up the top, and there should be some things you can change under "options".
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

nice one did not think of that .

I had this idea so that as well as the barbarians getting more evil you will also get the AI being so much more fun.

however I may add that line just to realy set the barbarians up on there long road to world anarchy

the big mc

Comment

does any one no how to pull up a random city so I can put the barbarians ne'er there

this is technically my first go at slic and I would appreciate some one helping me with this difficulty.

I was going to put them at a random location but to get it to work right I would need a month of Sundays.

Also it has come to my mind that we have a big problem about to make a stink.

underwater cities would be all but impervious to attack
                  so I am coming up with a new unit (yeah its another magic unit which can fly around the world 50 times and stay as a sub)

the terror sub (Patient pending) I will have to make it available and I would like ideas on what to it's attacks could be.

THE BIG MC

Comment

hello speak to me.

I finished it, I finished the mod.

all I want to know is the random values what percentage of attack do you want one out of a hundred turns or what.

also I had a problem getting the bandits to only attack me.

the mod works good I have also just finished half a mod on bank robbery for the bandits its good.

THE BIG MC

Comment

Cool

I think one attack every 50 turns should be ok, but only starting in the industrial/modern age.
                      does any one no how to pull up a random city so I can put the barbarians ne'er there
                      Erm.. Get a random player:
                      Code:
                      int_t   NumPlayers;
                      int_t   randnum;
                      NumPlayer = preference("NumPlayers");
                      randnum = random(NumPlayers);
                      Then pick a random city:
                      Code:
                      int_t   i;
                      int_t   randcity;
                      city_t  tmpCity;
                      GetCityByIndex(randnum, random(PlayerCityCount(randnum)), tmpCity);
                      Sorry about all the nested functions

Btw, shouldn't underwater cities be impervious? It would be quite hard to get terrorism underwater, and then they'd have to get in. I imagine underwater cities would be quite heavily guarded.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'd say around the same chances as a normal barbarian attack?
                        And yes, starting in the industrial age.

Also, I think that it should preferentially target the top ranking civs. Not exclusively, just a bit more biased against them.

And, yeah, underwater cities could do with being impervious to them! For starters, the terrorist units would *have* to 'randomly arrive' on a piece of underwater road tubing

or else they would drown!

The bank robbery mod sounds interesting!

Comment

I sorted most the problems out I set it up so its a 1 in 100 chance of being attack per city per tern opening the chance up for multiple attack and possible some big attacks.

also I want to limit the attacks to the players civ.

Come on the AI needs all the help it can get after the industrial age.

and the underwater city aren't so safe any more. there is a shadow coming.

my brand new mod which is at about 20% at the moment is should allow terrorists to hold city for ransom.

and this mod is a 80% I got it working all the left to add is is a bit of code which will protect the AI and a different bit to enable the thing for the modern age.

I will mail steve.wray and the wombat the beta relish which is 80% so you can see how it will work to get an idea of the random values.

Bank raid works good again this is at 90% because again it does not protect the AI and it takes the same amount of gold each time.

THE BIG MC

Comment

lets have an experiment how many people who will download the beta version and then get back to me.
                            hers the first one tearor mod
                            Attached Files

Comment

and heres banck rob
                              just open them in the normal way

THE BIG MC
                              Attached Files

Comment

hello again I am taking to my self.

Shadow mod is coming on last night I was so close to getting it working but the pay and don't pay buts are so hard to click on for some strange reason.

I fell I did not explain shadow mod so good well her goes.

you get a message saying that terrorists are going to kill a random city. (including underwater ones)You then get the option of paying the ransom or saying no. if you pick yes you lose some money and that's it. (or is it) If you click no then the terrorist may or may not kill one of your cites (at random).You then get the chance of hunting the terrorists down for a small amount of public works. if you find them you get a small happy bones if you fail you lose them and your public works cash.

I thought about adding the last bit about hunting them down in bank raid If there isdemand I may just put it in.

The BIG MC

oh and terror mod has been downloaded 5 times and bank mod about 4 so go on tell me what they are like.

Comment

Working...
                                X