Medieval Pack II v2.0 beta: Crusade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval Pack II v2.0 beta: Crusade!

Attached here is the "short" version of the Crusade! beta. It contains all the text files needed for the mod, along with a new readme which explains all the changes contained in the mod.
    The new pictures and the Stonehenge avi are not included. Hopefully I will regain access to my webpage soon, where I will post the full version of the mod.

In addition to the changes mentioned in the readme, I have made changes to the Granary and all post-Renaissance age improvements.
    The Granary and Food Silo no longer cost one gold per citizen, but have set upkeeps. Their effect has been reduced to 25%, and their production costs raised to 500 and 2000, respectively.
    For the other improvements, production costs have been raised by 33%, and upkeep reduced by 33%, except for gold improvements, which remain unchanged.
    Hopefully this will fit the AI's style of play better, which they seem unable to alter to fit the game situation.

Also, I fixed the bug which allowed the Cog to travel in deep water, and fixed the bugs in the agecitystyle.txt so that all of the sprites are now used.
    Attached Files

Wes,

I got the file, But I think I'll wait to finish my current game, which if you been reading is really interesting. It's in 2170 something, so I'm almost done.

I'll read the readme file, and see if it's worth abandoning my current game.

Comment

OK, it deserves to be topped!

----- DELETED -----

If something deserves to be topped
      it is CRADLE & GOODMOD.

----- DELETED -----

Comment

34 downloads!
        If CRADLE & GOODMOD, wich are still maintained by authors, would be marked as IMPORTANT (by topping), they would have many downloads also.

Strangely there is no replies about modified wes files.
        He has given us a beta CRUSADE so we could finish it.

Maybe I should give some SLIC-codes?

Comment

Originally posted by player1
          If something deserves to be topped
          it is CRADLE & GOODMOD.
          I can just agree. CRADLE and GOODMOD must be topped.

But another qeustion why you topped this thread so late MarkG. Wes started this thread on 05-10-2001 that is more than two weeks a ago. I wonder how often you visit the CTP2 forum.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ah let the thread be topped, Wes has organised MedMod incredibly well, and that has kept more people in CtP2 while the rest of the mods were in development. We can't be having too many topped threads. The fact that GoodMod and Cradle are staying up under their own quality shows that they are worth it, and toppining just prevents this thread from getting drowned in other quality mods

Player1, I am planning to get Peter's, your's, Martin's and my own SLIC bundled into a MedMod, Cradle or Apolyton compatible zip as a sort of extension to FixMod, or add-on to the basic game.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I agree that this thread should be topped. I think this is so people who don't have crusades, can download it instead of V1.1. I was also wandering why it took so long to top this thread. Craddle and good mod should also be topped. I'm just wondering why noone has posted here in a while.

Comment

You still need to have the 1.1 version of the mod installed first, then unzip the beta over that. Think of the beta as part 6 of the mod, if that helps.
                I only had space to include the files that had been changed since the last Call to Arms update and the beta code, which is all slic files. When, and if, I ever get access to my webpage again, I will include all the files, including the GL and a few last changes to the mod itself.
                Anyway, the heart of the beta is the slic files, with Wouter's instructions on how to customize the Elite units, so you can be working on your own customized versions of the mod, and feel free to attach your versions to the thread here.

As to the topping, I think there was some confusion over what I was doing, but that should be cleared up now.

Comment

I have been catching up on the forums today, and did you know that some of these other mods have gotten their bugs worked out, and contain some good stuff?

Anyway, I have contacted Wouter and Martin about modifying their files to use in the Medpack. I also plan to use the slc code which adds a pop when a settler is disbanded in a city, the Kill City triggers, Player1's PWerAI trigger, and the trigger which adds Tile improvements to the city square of AI cities.

I have also made a few more changes to take the "Beta" out of the Crusade version and send the Medpack off with a bang.
                  I am not using the new goods from Goodmod, so I should be able to distribute the text files as an attachment in this thread.
                  Hopefully, I can get the mod out by Sunday.

Comment

Nice work,
                    Look also my Infrastructure SLIC (complements PW for AI),
                    and of course IMPROVED DIPLOMOD (AI vs AI wars now end).

P.S. There is also a battleview fix which fixes some visualistion bugs, like
                    attack on Sea Colonies.

Comment

Wes, I've been looking at the Pirates code, and I think I can see a way to a) make the pirates move, and b) make them unload units onto the land.
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                        b) make them unload units onto the land.
                        Details! Details! Gimme details!
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Details! Details! Gimme details!
                          Aha, that would be telling

Check your mail

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            Check your mail
                            No, you check your mail

I'm sceptical but you're more than welcome to give it a try if you want...
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

What's wrong with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X