I've got another one, ? that is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got another one, ? that is

real simple one, or at least I hope it is. How do you change the appearance of a newly created unit's name in the game from UNIT_CRUISER to Cruiser? Can't seem to figure that one out on my own.

In ctp2_data/language/gamedata (probably english) there is a file called gl_str.txt. There you have lines like:
    UNIT_SETTLER "Settler"

Just add one like this:

UNIT_CRUISER "Cruiser"
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanx. Almost everything is right now. but now I am having some trouble with the Apolyton Pack airunits.slc file when I move any original air unit. I figured I might have some trouble with the new ones but it's only the original ones like the bomber. my C++ is a little rusty so i'm having trouble figuring out how to fix it. The error message is "APOL_airunit.slc:111:Array index 0 out of bounds". does anyone perhaps know what that actually means?

Comment

Not specifically, but if you set DebugSlic to No, it should go away.

Find userprofile.txt in ctp_program/ctp directory, and set the line DebugSlic from Yes to No. That should stop it
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Your country thanks you. Er, at least I do. Maybe now I can slow down a little bit and give you a break. Thanx again.

Comment

Working...
          X