need help creating units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help creating units

I'm kinda new to this idea. Have created a couple of new units so far out of Harlan's WWII sprites but have hit a snag. In an attempt to create a new infantry unit the game keeps popping up with an error in my Units.txt file saying my new unit "record does not start with name", but I have checked and double checked that everything is right. Is ther some trick I do not know or something. Also, if anyone has some good WWII sprites I would be very gratefull to get my hands on them. Thanx.

Chances are you missed a close bracket } in one of the units, or started the unit wrong. Could you attach the file here, or post the relavant unit (and one either side) so we could find the error?

Almost all the WW2 sprites are either in Harlan's WW2 pack, or the Activision WW2 scenario.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Here is my Units.txt file. It is the motorized infantry unit at the bottom. I'm using the Apolyton Pack Units.txt so I can keep all the great changes that it made while using my units.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try deleting the line of hashes (#####) from underneath the Mech-Inf unit. I think it signifies the beginning of a new unit, rather than the end of the previous one. Thats all I can think, as everything else looks fine.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanx man. I feel like a moron for not noticing it. Oh, well. I guess it's off to the track I go again.

Comment

Working...
          X