SLIC's & Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLIC's & Maps

While trying to create my scenarios, I realized SLIC language can let you do some really cool stuff. Unfortunatly, I can't understand it, so I was wondering if anyone out there could give a little SLIC for me.

- How can you make it so that if the blue team declares war on the green team, the black team will automatically ally with the blue team, no matter what the diplomatic situation is.

- How can you give certain teams food bonuses, production bonuses, happiness bonuses, etc..

While I'm here, I also have a little tech prob. I tried to SLIC in my scenario, but I messed up pretty bad and every time I opened the scenario, ctp2 closes and says "ctp2 has preformed an illegal operation". So I removed all of my SLIC and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions?
    Ummm...

Re: SLIC's & Maps

Hi, its always good to see someone SLICing.

- How can you make it so that if the blue team declares war on the green team, the black team will automatically ally with the blue team, no matter what the diplomatic situation is.
    It is impossible to force diplomatic actions on civs, but what you can do is make the regard between the two increase really fast, and make the black civ consider alliances very strongly.

Look in the Alexander scenario for a commented LogRegardEvent that increases/decreases regard, and diplomod for alliance considerations. (you will need to change the AI files for this too)

- How can you give certain teams food bonuses, production bonuses, happiness bonuses, etc..
    As far as I am aware, food and production bonuses cannot be acheived directly through slic, but you can make buildings in buildings.txt that have the required effect, and then through SLIC, make them unbuildable, and have them appear at the correct moment, when triggered by something else.
    Try looking for the original natural disasters thread, linked to from my more recent one, and there is discussion there about using buildings to mimic droughts and great weather conditions, and make food bonuses.

Happiness bonuses can be acheived using the event:
    Code:
    Event:AddHappyTimer(int_t, int_t, int_t, int_t)
    The first number is the player it affects, the second is the duration, the third is the amount ( - numbers for unhappiness) and the fourth is the reason (if in doubt, put 12 for conquest).

Hope this helps you figure it out, if you need more specific things, ask, but most of this is not pure SLIC, and difficult to describe in detail unless you can say exactly what you want.

-Ben
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanxs

Thanks a lot IW, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
      Ummm...

Comment

Let's play a game...

The name of the game...What's Wrong With This!

What you need to do, is find something wrong with my scenario.slc
        The first person to find it and tell me, gets a free
        Attached Files
        Ummm...

Comment

1. You have no event handler, the if-code has to be "called" by an event. In this case you will want the beginning of the game. For the regard to evolve as the game goes on, you will also want to disable this so it doesnt fire every turn.
          make the first line:
          Code:
          HandleEvent(beginturn) 'startscen' pre {

// insert code here

DisableTrigger('startscen');

}
          2. Player 0 is the barbarians. I don't know if this is what you want, but everyone hated them, and they dont do diplomacy, so you dont need those bits.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Also, do you have a string for ID_AG_REGARD_EVENT_NEG. You need something like

AG_REGARD_EVENT_NEG "They hate you"
            in one of the string files. Scenario_str.txt should do.

Comment

Winner

And IW wins the game! Thanks a lot!
              Ummm...

Comment

Working...
              X