Transfer desert problem in Apolyton Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer desert problem in Apolyton Pack

I can't transfer desert to grassland or anything when I run Apolyton Pack. I don't know if my memory is correct or not, in the original game, I can transfer desert to grassland. Please correct me if I am wrong. But anyway, could we have this feature in Apolyton Pack? my citizens are starving ...

I looked into the APOL_terrain.txt and it looked that you can transform dersert into anything, only if you have discovered conservation. To change this back open the APOL_terrain.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ directorysearch for TERRAIN_DESERT { and change the lines:

from
    AddAdvance ADVANCE_CONSERVATION
    RemoveAdvance ADVANCE_CONSERVATION

to
    AddAdvance ADVANCE_AGRICULTURAL_REVOLUTION
    RemoveAdvance ADVANCE_AGRICULTURAL_REVOLUTION

Aferwards load your savegame and type (') (without the brackets) to open the chat window and type /reloadslic. Now you should be able to transform desert to anything else before conservation.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks Martin, I am sure your suggestion will solve the problem. I should have a look at the file before I ask. I don't think I have discovered conservation yet, I had explosive, and it said a lot things about transfroming terrians, so I thought, ok, now I can get rid of these desert.
      I will give it a try tonight.
      And thanks again.
      James

Comment

Working...
      X