Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modswapper ideas: random option, exclusive saves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modswapper ideas: random option, exclusive saves?

Here's a couple of idea for modswapper.

1. How about a Random option just to make it a little more interesting so that when you start a game you don't know which mod you're playing until you start to get into it. For that matter, have a bunch of mods that are very similar but the variations only become obvious later on so that you don't know what you're getting into until further down the track. This might spice things up a bit.

2. Is there some way that whatever mod you're in, it has its own exclusive save folder so you can't see other saved games, only the ones applying to the current mod? This could avoid some confusion.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Re: Modswapper ideas: random option, exclusive saves?

Originally posted by Russell
    2. Is there some way that whatever mod you're in, it has its own exclusive save folder so you can't see other saved games, only the ones applying to the current mod? This could avoid some confusion.
    You could rename save game folder as mod name(in game, do not involve Modswapper to my answer ). Like MedPack, Cradle etc?
    Jani

Comment

Re: Modswapper ideas: random option, exclusive saves?

Originally posted by Russell
      Here's a couple of idea for modswapper.

1. How about a Random option just to make it a little more interesting so that when you start a game you don't know which mod you're playing until you start to get into it. For that matter, have a bunch of mods that are very similar but the variations only become obvious later on so that you don't know what you're getting into until further down the track. This might spice things up a bit.
      1. That would be funny. The only problem is that some peple have their own preferences. Some people like the future so they do not play Craddle. Some like a bunch of new things so they wouldnt play Apolyton and the other way around.

You could rename save game folder as mod name(in game, do not involve Modswapper to my answer ). Like MedPack, Cradle etc?
      2 Good idea Janilxx why did i not think on that before.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
      X