Userprofile questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Userprofile questions

I followed someones advice in making changes to userprofile.txt (under ctp2_program). Played well into the game and realized that none of my huge 30+ cities were having polution problems. Sure enough, I checked the userprofile and polution was set to No. I set it to Yes but it didn't make a difference.

I checked my launching values and polution is set on. How could this get set to No? I launched a couple of games just to check it and it seems okay. However, even though I change the number of players, that DOESN'T change in profile. Any ideas on this?

Oh, I was playing MedMod1.0. I'll be loading 1.1 tonight.
    Bluevoss-

Bluevoss,
    I've experienced this when using the cheat editor--pollution always gets turned off for some reason after using it. So when I start a new game I always check to make sure pollution is turned on. Editing the userprofile.txt won't affect your saved game, but it will affect the default options when you start a new one. If you want to get pollution back on in your saved game, bring up cheat editor and click on the pollution button and make sure it's depressed. Hopefully that should work.
    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Thanks on the response. I guess I went into the cheat editor outside of the game and somehow managed to set it on. Still, I'm going to start a new game with MedMod1.1, since I was running away with it in this one.
      Bluevoss-

Comment

It is a bug. So I went to the userprofile.txt and turned pollution on and I increased the number of players to 11. To avaid that CTP2 modify this file I turned on the write protection. But make shure that the other settings of the game are OK for, otherwise you cannot change any setting from the game within as long the userprofiöe.txt is write protected.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X