Modswapper TGA/Sprite Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modswapper TGA/Sprite Confusion

I've installed Ancientmod and Medmod into Modswapper. But when I recently launched Medmod I found that It was using the Ancientmod's Crossbowman TGA's for the Arquebusier and Hex's Warrior Sprite and TGA's . What's wrong here??
    "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Both of these issues arose because I had originally set up Cradle to work through the Scenario setup, as opposed to the Modswapper setup. The scenario setup allows you to keep the sprites/tga files separate from the default setup - Modswapper places all the images for all Modswapper-created mods into one folder

The Crossbowman tgas/sprite are the same as the MedMod2 Arquebusier tgas/sprite, as there wasn't a created crossbow unit available. The tga file was slightly modified so that the soldier appears to be carrying a crossbow. The sprite is the same.

The warrior issue happened because I was having problems using the number 072 for the sprites/tgas, so I used the EB created unit and renumbered it to 124 - the CTP1 Warrior number.

I will upload Wes's original images at my site so you can replace them with what they are in his setup - I have no special preference for usage of either the units in my setup, as they will work just as well from a aesthetic standpoint - and will post here when they are available.

Sorry about that...
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Chris

Wes' original Warrior/Arquebusier are now available at

Secure Professional Online File Sharing, Storage, Editing for professionals. We offer a fast yet easy way to deliver and receive any file size in the cloud. Begin receiving financial, tax, QuickBook, loan applications through your secure CUSTOMER UPLOAD page . Flexible Plans makes it cost effective for all businesses.

Login: hexagonia
      Password: hextapul

in a folder called
      Medmod Orig Warrior Aque

Place the tgas in the
      C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures
      file and the sprites in the
      C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites
      file

Replacing these files should not affect any game in progress on either Mod

Again, sorry for the inconvenience...
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Than
        -CB
        "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

Sprite Editor

Hexagonian,

Got a favour to ask: can you recommend a sprite editor to use for creating new units for this game?

I've been poking around on the Web for something that will let me edit or create new sprites for things like German and American WW2 Units. So far, I don't see anything that looks like it will let me do this.

Could be I have to wait until I get back to work to bug some of the programmers, but it would be nice to take a day or two on my last vacation this year to play with some of the ideas.

General Dragolen

Commanding
          Royal Egyptian Armoured Corp
          "Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck,
          leads the flock to fly and follow"

- Chinese Proverb

Comment

The sprites I used were all fan-created - I have no skill in creating sprites myself - though I can alter the tga files (the files for the Great Library and for the Army manager screens)

However, the CTP1 sprites are compatible, as well as all of the fan-created CTP1 units - so there is a good base to use (including a set of WWII units). They are available for download here at Apolyton. And I have just about every unit created on my hard drive.

I think there is a sprite editor tool available for CTP1, so that is a starting point. (also available from Apolyton's download section)

Contact Tom Davies (Morgoth) for some input - he created a bunch of really good sprites, and he can fill you in on the process - I do not know his email address, but you may be able to do a search for it here onsite.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Good Hunting.
              "Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck,
              leads the flock to fly and follow"

- Chinese Proverb

Comment

Working...
              X