No announcement yet.

CTP2, fairly new to me, some things....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2, fairly new to me, some things....

I was an avid player of Call To Power the original and could play that game endlessly. Needless to say after a while you tire of the game and then delete. And then needless to say again, at a later date you decide you feel like playing it again.

However, with Call To Power I remember there being a brilliant program called EasyMod which allowed me to edit values for the buildings. This allowed me to have every object increase your production in some way, which didn't benefit just me, things like the Theater gave you 5% more and the factory 200% etc....

I like the new Call To Power II game which I just bought because I liked the first so much. One thing I wished that they would change, is that if you create the Gaia Controller you actually reap the rewards of it and then go on to conquer. A peaceful victory is fairly boring, and a conquering victory is the only option I can think which has satisfaction.

What I want to know is, are there any mods which make the gaia controller do anything after you continue? (ie infinite food etc..) Is there a program like EasyMod for CTP2? What is the best mod out for CTP2? (which has a range of additions such as advances and new units from each age) I found it quite crap when I had discovered everything.

Im just a beginner at this game to be honest, I have never tried it above the second hardest category. But don't worry I'll give it a shot, it can't be that hard because I win all my current games so easily.

Of course that you win your current games easily... when the Ai has 'a hole in its head'

However you are lucky, Wes, Dale & team have just completed MED Mod II, that has more new units, where AI actually fights, and the game plays well.

Just read the post on the top install Med Mod II and enjoy...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I have not tried the mod yet but he is right. You should always beat the computer.

If you build a city and set it on auto build then simply cycle through turns until the end of the game, even if you declare war on all computer players, you will still be alive in the end.

Try it.
      My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
      from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
      --MarkG

and by MikeH
      she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Re: CTP2, fairly new to me, some things....

What I want to know is, are there any mods which make the gaia controller do anything after you continue? (ie infinite food etc..)
        Once you complete the game by building the gaia controller, you can still click the "continue" button and beat the hell out of the AI for the sake of it...
        Is there a program like EasyMod for CTP2?
        No
        What is the best mod out for CTP2? (which has a range of additions such as advances and new units from each age) I found it quite crap when I had discovered everything.
        MM2 is very good expansion of the timeline through all the ages, and many people will be raving about it for ages to come. Read the thread, 200 readme files, and play.
        Cradle of Civilisation is just as good, but concentrating on the ancient age, the game starts in 7000BC, there are more units, loads more techs, a lot harder beginning, as the AI gets a big head-start, similar SLIC to the MedMod2, but with added "wonder-units".
        That'll be $5 please Dave
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ben,

The check is in the (e)mail

...and try OCC and Mars when it is finished.

I'll be waiting for my $10
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Damn, the downside of doing too much for the game
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks a lot, I got the image that MedMod was just a medieval mod, but thats not the case. I never even thought that if you just put your city on auto build and pressed end forever you would stay alive, its quite funny thinking about.

Does the Gaia controller give you infinite food and everything when you have built it? I am sure that it doesn't, it just lets you win through science.

Anyhow, I think Im gonna install MedMod and start a middle difficulty game. See what its like anyway....

Comment

Working...
              X