No announcement yet.

Cradle - 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My email address is hexagonia@yahoo.com. If I update the email address that is part of my profile here, I have to change my name - and I'm too attached to the name 'hexagonian'.

I have incorporated the the most current CityMod into Cradle. Now I have to track down some more leader pics, or figure out some way to make what I have work for the updated civ lists.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Kull,
      Actually, the Incans and Aztecs aren't ancient civilizations at all. In fact, they're both centuries younger than the English or French. Both civs came into existance around the 12th/13th century and both began to rise in importance in the 15th/16th century, right before the Spanish arrived. There are plenty of other, much older, Mesoamerican civs though, civs like the Olmec, Chavin, Nazca, Teotihuacan, Tiahuanacu and others (the only problem would be coming up with appropriate city names). Other possible additions to your list (in case you were looking for them) could be the Ethiopians (Axum), Bantu and Polynesians (all are already in the MedMod, if you're feeling lazy ).

Edit: forgot about Ethiopia
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Ben, can you look at the code and see if this is the case - and if so, can this be altered? This is how it should be
        Spearman - to Bronze Working
        Hoplite - to Dark Ages
        Man at Arms - to Flintlock
        Infantryman - to Vertical Flight
        Machine Gunner - to Chaos
        At the moment it is (in my version, I think it is the most up-to date):

Spearman - from copper smelting and pottery to Bronze working and Christianity.
        Hoplite - to Dark ages and cannon making
        Man At Arms - to Flintlock and age of reason
        Infantryman - to Vertical flight and industrial rev (should already have)
        Machine Gunner - to Chaos Theory and Advanced Inf Tactics.

I thought there was a good reason for the second advance. Can't remember what it was though, so here is the file set to the specs in the quotes. If there are any bugs, go back to the other one. Sorry about that
        Ben
        Attached Files
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hexagonia,
          What did you do to make the Nomad the beggining unit? I'm trying to do the same with my mod but it does not seems to work . It always start with the unit with the original settler sprite.
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ben,

The code worked great - I did have to change the unit abbrieviations in the messagebox section of the code, but that was no problem to do. So if anyone else is downloading the code from Ben's post and using it specifically for Cradle will have to make that change, matching it to the old code.

I also have added some upgrades for the archery branch of UnitUpdater code.

Kull emailed me and he is working on the civ lists, which by the look of things will fit the atmosphere of Cradle. The next update will incorporate his work and will be standard for the Mod.

I also have been attempting to incorporate Cradle into Modswapper. I am having a problem in that I think that none of the SLIC codes are loading into Cradle. (I know this because when I build a city, I do not get a militia - and the message that I normally get when I start a game regarding Diplomod 3.5 is not showing up) I'm using the ApolytonPack setup to see the file structure - but I am stumped on this.

If anyone has any insight into this, let me know - or if anyone has Cradle on their setup, and also has Modswapper, feel free to try to set it up and then send me the zipped file structure (without the pics or sprites) If youy are doing this, run a short playtest to see if your attempt was successful. It would be a great help.

RE: Nomad
            What I did was create a new unit (Nomad), using the CTP1 sprite and duplicating the entry for the Settler (renaming it Nomad) - and then giving the Settler a later enabling advance. I placed the Nomad into the UnitBuildList.txt in the proper list before the Settler unit.
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Nomad problem solved

Originally posted by hexagonian

RE: Nomad
              What I did was create a new unit (Nomad), using the CTP1 sprite and duplicating the entry for the Settler (renaming it Nomad) - and then giving the Settler a later enabling advance. I placed the Nomad into the UnitBuildList.txt in the proper list before the Settler unit.
              I solved the problem. It was caused because i created a new unit: the Colonizer(wich had the CTP2 settler sprite). It seems that the CTP2 engine gets the first unit it sees in the unit.txt to start a game. This unit was chose by the computer Because it was alphabeticaly organized. its data comes first the the Nomad data.
              I solved the problem dislocating the colonizer data after the Nomad data.
              The only problem is the Great Library wich inserts the colonizer in the alphabetical wrong place.
              But this is a minor problem. thanks for the help anyway.
              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
              Kill all and you are a God!"
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

The code worked great - I did have to change the unit abbrieviations in the messagebox section of the code, but that was no problem to do. So if anyone else is downloading the code from Ben's post and using it specifically for Cradle will have to make that change, matching it to the old code.
                Sorry I confess I haven't got the latest text update, and never used the "public" version of the code, I just dumped my version in, and the the unit updater later.

About the SLIC not loading, I can only think that the CRADLE_script.slc is in the wrong place in CRADLE_gamefile.txt, or something. Its unusual to run the slic mods from script.slc rather than scenario.slc but as scenario.slc is called from script.slc, script.slc is the only one included in the gamefile.txt.

*reviews paragraph*

Basically, I don't know, but I would check that your script.slc file is loading properly.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks again Ben

Got it to work - I forgot to put the CRA_ in front of the script.slc file in the CRA_gamefile.txt file but had it in the gamefile.txt file. Cleaned up both of them.

I had too many files floating around...

The next update will require Modswapper

Comment

Working...
                  X