Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medieval Pack II Beta: The Gathering (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 04-18-2001 09:44 PM
    Really though, what's the big problem with settlers moving through your nation?

If you can make settlers not to build their cities inside of my borders or just next to my borders then I would gladly allow them to wander through my nation.

If settlers do not build cities inside my borders I suggest everyone to give your map to that AI. Then he sees that there might be too long way to cross your country and he will send his settlers to other direction. I think this helped me once(???)

Jani

[This message has been edited by janilxx (edited April 19, 2001).]
    Jani

Comment

Argh... texts.zip does not fit into one floppy :-/

Could it be possible that when texts.zip does not fit into one floppy then you would make two smaller zips too for floppy copiers?

Jani
      Jani

Comment

Downloaded the update and install it. The game crashes a lot starting around turn 30. I uninstall the game reinstalled it and it still crashes around turn 30. I set userprofile to "NO", change the Picture 117L. One crash to desktop no error message. The other were all Invalid Fault 0197:0041f86f. Maybe it is my computer? It's not a lot of fun all of a sudden, I like the game and I like the Mod, just can't play very far.

------------------

Comment

Well i reached the renaissance with the new update. No crash so far. Did you reload your modpicker?

Only the milita prob ist even worse now. Normaly they first disappeart in the industria age... . Now they are gone in the medieval age and left my citys defenseless to my enemies arg .

And the city-limit is much to low. 10 city is close to nothing on a gigant map... . 15 was a much better value in my opinion.

Palpatine
          [This message has been edited by Palpatine (edited April 19, 2001).]

Comment

I had no idea that people would be getting updates on floppies when they had to get the large graphics zips to begin with. Anyway, you will just have to use two floppies this time, due to the pics included with the texts this time.

Joseph, I don't know why you would still have the 117c pic in your files, but you need to delete it. The new pics have a corrected file in them.

The mod is being developed for play on regular-sized, or normal-sized, maps. Everyone needs to use this size for evaluating the beta. Once the public release is out, I will develop a version for huge maps.

The militia code always goes buggy on me in the classical or medieval age, so count yourself lucky if you have been making it further.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 04-20-2001 01:21 AM
              I had no idea that people would be getting updates on floppies when they had to get the large graphics zips to begin with.

I do not have internet connection from home because I live in quite small town(75 000 residents) and this f***ing little town can not offer me fast internet connection(yet but if I will wait a few months I suppose I will get DSL connection to home). And I do not like slow modems.

So I can only use my company's internet connection to get mod updates. I burned the first big files to cd and took them home that way but now I do not want to spend money to CD-R every time you have a new update so I am using floppies.

Jani

PS. Did my floppies work at home yesterday? NO! Damn f***ing floppies! I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

[This message has been edited by janilxx (edited April 20, 2001).]
              Jani

Comment

Hi Y'all,

Been a while since my last post but I'm busy with work so excuse me

But anyways, gonna try this new update tomorrow a whole day of medmod playing...wow has it been this long ?

I read a post a while back and it struck me......indeed there are a ****load of units which you just don't get.
                Like arquebusier or somethin' they didn't show up on my build queue, is it a bug or are they just not yet in the game ?

The refugee bug adds a great deal of realism to the game I think, with all your armies racing through enemy territory is bound to spawn refugees which flee to the nearest city.
                Excellent work on that one !

Now for a suggestion, could there not be a script which enable the capture of enemy units, like in WW2, the germans captured like 10000 russian tanks etc.
                Could there be something like a one-in-100 possibility that a unit will be captured.
                I don't quit see the good for such a trigger but its reality...and that is what we are goin' for ain't it ?

Maybe it's a stupid question to ask but...has anyone heard from locutus in the last two weeks ? Where's he at ?
                Is that militia trigger working or not...I hear people which it did not work, I hear people that it did work.
                Has there been any improvements to the trigger since two updates ago ?

the thing that bugs me the most is that I should have all these neat units and I can't build them ...... whoohoohoo

WES : BTW : When installing the newest update winzip gives me a message that a certain sprite/tga already exists and shall be overwritten...is this OK or what ?

Dale : Is the diplomod and the withdraw script and the aircraft refuelling thing final or are you still working on that one ?

WES : Could you use one more slic builder..namely me ? I'm working... YES STILL working on a script for pirates and I thought maybe you could use it in the medmod ? Let me know !

Well gotta go...some work has to be done today ?
                Shame that CTP2 can't be played on NT4.0, I have that installed at my work, then I could play all day long

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Huysmans_666 on 04-20-2001 03:26 AM
                  WES : Could you use one more slic builder..namely me ? I'm working... YES STILL working on a script for pirates and I thought maybe you could use it in the medmod ? Let me know !

Check my comment about present pirates from the older MedMod thread. I told there about pirates that are still there. And I suggested that there should be two kind of pirates, old ones and new ones. Read that post.

-Jani
                  Jani

Comment

Wes, do you still need a seige engine unit? You mentioned in the previous thread that Morgoth was busy. I have a battering ram sprite that looks ok unanimated because its on wheels.
                    Would you like to include it as a seige unit, as Martin discovered the BonusAgainstCities line in Ctp2.exe ?
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Huysmans, I plan to put the pirate trigger into the mod as soon as you get it finished.
                      Btw, for those of you like Huysmans who only check in every few days, you need to take some time and at least read *my* posts since you left. It doesn't take all that long, and it will get you caught up on all the important events since you left. Huysmans is referring to the Elite units which I addressed a few days ago.

As for units, I would rather have a Trebuchet than a battering ram, but if you can send it to me or post it somewhere, I will be happy to take a look at it. None of the unit flags which Martin found in the exe that I have tested have worked. I have not tested the nullify or ignore city walls flags, but I did test the attack city bonus. I would have really liked to have had this one for mounted units.

I have not heard from Wouter either, so I don't know what he is doing.

The latest update replaces many of the old mod's pics, so hit "yes to all" when it asks if you want to replace them.

My apartment connection is 45k, and my parents' is 26k, so I will cry a tear or two for Jani next time I am at my parents'.

Comment

Wes: I will send my Battering ram to Omni, but there is no guarantee that it will go up, I don't know if he is back yet. I will mail it to you. I have the graphics for a trebuchet (thank you AOK ), but the attack animations do not go right for me, and I can't figure out the problem, so it may look a little silly.

"I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Aaaaawww -- my connection is on ISP cable at 655k!
                          [This message has been edited by MrFun (edited April 21, 2001).]
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by janilxx on 04-18-2001 02:27 AM

quote:

- When does militiias move with numpad(arrowkeys)? In turn 1? Or only after you get phalanx?

I tested this in my new game. Militias moved in the first turn. Right after I built my city. I used numpad keys.

quote:

- How many conversations you can have in turn with the same AI? Should be 4 but there might be a bug

I managed to have at least 10 conversations with the same AI in one turn(over 4 was the same request).

I sometime ago read about invisible cities in mountains. And now I "saw" invisible city myself. I suppose that should not happen. Should it be fixed already in mod? Or should I search through the threads to find the solution?

Sometimes when there is a slaver in action the screen is centered to the target city. I saw this last yesterday when orange AI's slaver was in action in Barbarian city. Screen was centered for a few second to the barbarian city. Can that centering be disabled?

I am not sure about this but I am curious. AI finds a unit/technology from hut and then there will be a lag. In my experiences the lag happens most of the time(not alltimes) after orange AI(before green). Have you guys seen this too? Why is it allmost everytime before the green? Is the green usually the player that moves a lot and thats why he founds so many huts? Of why? I am just curious.

Jani
                            Jani

Comment

About the militia moving, would it be too simple to give them 0 movement points? I can't beleive no-one thought of this before, so what's stopping you doing that, rather than using some dodgy (no offense Locutus, you are still the God) SLIC?

Comment

I just tried the militia move, and they do move now. I can't explain that one. Anyway, the AIs don't seem to be moving them, and that is what counts the most.

I just checked my current game, and confirmed that the AIs only build farms on grass, and mines on plains. That one is frustrating, since they should build things based upon what the city needs, on any terrain which can support the needed TI. They still do a much better job than in any of the Sid games, where there is no connection between improved squares and worker placement, but the settings in the strategies.txt should be handling this.

I guess the AI conversations thing is another bug due to the new diplomacy system in the game. I can't do anything about it. It should not be a big deal, however.

I thought I had gotten rid of the city sprite bug months ago. I play-tested it pretty thoroughly and did not have the bug re-appear. Jani, you may just be bad luck.

The slaver thing is a bug, probably. I would not think it to be a big deal, either.

The lag occurs whenever anyone gets a unit (long lag) or advance (shorter lag) from a hut. It must be something to do with adding units and advances to the mod. I guess we will just have to live with it.

Btw, I really like the new gov't settings. I had to conquer the Japanese in my game, and have 18 cities under a Monarchy. Revolts are a problem, though they can be overcome well enough. I raised the Revolution level to 65 for the next update, to make things even more interesting.

Other than the problem with plains and grass mentioned above, the AIs seemed to be doing an awesome job managing their empires. Buildings, units, TIs, trade and diplomacy; they all looked great.

Comment

Working...
                                X