Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omni's Final Preview

Hi Gang,
    Haven't been on much Lately. My birthday was last week and I got a memory upgrade for my computer. (Only wish I could fix my floppy drive)
    Anyway I took Omni's final_preview.jpg (1000x 500) and turned it into a bitmap for use with paint. I then saved it as a 256 color BMP. I then converted it with Bmp2ctp2. I then Imported it into CTP2 and then my problem came. It didn't convert propery. It looks like a very good earth map. But the terrain is all wrong. Can someone help me? The map comes to 11,726 KB converted as a CTP map (in map files).
    I love the map. the extra memory now (224 MB) helps ALOT. Do I need Paint Shop PRO? Paint doesn't cantain the right colors in the basic Palette.

Any help would be Appreciated.
    Flash
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Flash (edited April 03, 2001).]</font>
    Flash
    Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
    the Moderator of the World Creators

The problem is that you have to save the bmp as an 8 bit indexed image... the index colours come with bmp2ctp2. That is the problem, and once you fix the index of the image it will work perfectly... guaranteed

Comment

Omni,
      How do I save it as an 8-bit image with the index. I've seen the palette but how do I use it?

Flash
      Flash

Comment

What program are you using.. the palette is for photoshop...

Comment

Omni,
          That is what I was afraid of. I was using the Paint program that came with the computer. I don't have photoshop.

Thanks,
          Flash

256 color is 8-bit.
          Flash

Comment

Working...
          X