25 City Maximum Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 City Maximum Challenge

I am trying a new them with my Big 'Ole Map...

I start with me plus 7 AI's and of course Barbarians...

I Give each civ 25 Settlers...

I EXCLUDE Settlers/Sea Engineers/Urban Planners

I go to risks.txt and put ZERO Chance for finding a city and settler unit

It is going ok so far..I am leading in 2 catergories so far through 45 turns...

I have on 1 turn = 1 year

I have also on Bloodlust..

I made a gentlemans agreement with myself..NO TREATIES with anyone

I am gonna take on AI with no allies/agreements/peace accords!!

I will let you know how things are progressing..

I am tempted to play until say I get 500 turns..since I usually win..then go and pick worse ai in game and try to make a go of it..

I believe this would be a spin to what I have been reading about where people play a game for 25 turns then send it away to someone else..then they play it and so forth...

I'll keep you posted!

Happy Civin

Troll

------------------
    Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Just a thought...

You may have to give all the civs, including yours, a government that will support all those cities that they will be building on the first few turns.

And the distance factors may have to be adjusted too.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Hi

I see your playing around to get a different game experience,
      try this for kicks, start as normal then switch to being the barbarian
      on turn 1.No excuses now,just see how you do.
      Hannibal

Comment

Me smells me something a brewin..Thanks folks for the input..and BTW..I had some happiness problems with too many cities earlier..but a few theaters and shrines plus Ramanya..solved those problems!

Troll

------------------

Comment

Ok..update!

I am at turn 85...

All is ok so far..

It takes about two minutes to load saved game..but then only 10 seconds between turns..

I gave 2 million gold at start of game to each ai civ

then at about turn 60 gave another 1 million gold

they are staying close except 1 ai....

I have met twwo of ai and have agreed upon honor system to not accept any/all gifts/demands or requests from ai..
          in esssence I am attempting to create aan ai attack so as it will be an interesting game..

I shall keep you posted..

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------

Comment

Ok..update again..

I am at turn 105..all science is now researched..and I am at a hard battle against the Greeks..(Orange)..they have a fascist govt...lots of attacking fascists..But I now have some Tanks, War Walkers and a Leviathan..defending a forward city..close to their territory..and really ticking them off..so I am almost ready to start a BLITZKREIG..I soon will start rolling out Fusion Tanks..and clean up attacking troops..then come the cities...

That giving the AI 3 Million Gold is a BIG Bonus for an AI that is so far a pretty good foe..

I will keep you posted

I do love this map..I checked it is actually a 300 X 600 Map..Sweet Big Old Land Battle...Next one will be a Continent with lots of Ocean Battles!!

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------

Comment

Well..here is update..
              Turn 115..I am almost done building all improvements I can..and the Greeks..well..they are a real pesky lot..sometimes throwing 12..Fascists..plus Calvary at me..and they are constantly attacking my three forward cities..I have built the Globesat..and it looks like a Macy's Day Thanksgiving parade..they have nearly 100 units moving my way..while my Leviathan's Moan..for the opportunity to defend my three forward Jewels! It take about three minutes to load a saved game file..but about 20 seconds between turns...

The Brown civilization..which is #3..started attacking but stopped after losing a few units..it asked for a peace treaty..and as earlier stated..I wont accept anything from the AI..only Blood!..and of course cities...

I am having so much fun..and am considering a similiar game next time..but with 4 civs..and unlimited Urban Planners..only excluding sea engineers as well as settlers..so as to give the ai a chance to get organized before it goes on a world wide building spree of cities...

Tours in Civin

Troll

Comment

It is truly a miracle that the AI is actually attacking you and yet you aren't using Frenzy Mod. What is the secret to your success?

------------------
                Brutality is needed in capitalist society
                Television abandoned my very entity
                Nature failed me but then it made me
                We all pray for pluralist babies

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by David Murray on 03-27-2001 01:13 PM
                  It is truly a miracle that the AI is actually attacking you and yet you aren't using Frenzy Mod. What is the secret to your success?

I believe I read somewhere that the AI and its actions/RE-actions depend a lot upon how you are dealing with other civilizations. As earlier stated..I made a "Pact"..with of course honor system..I would NOT accept anything..GOLD,Maps Exchange, requests to leave territory or even peace treaties/cease-fire agreements!

This really ticks off ai you know..I mean, I have lots of EL-Cheapo units headed after the ruins for gold and such..and I walk right through anyone's territory I chose..

The Greeks..(Orange)..are one of my neighbors..and they dont care for my presence..even though I am about 2 full city radius from their closest city radius..

I am really enjoying this..a bit more competitive than usual..plus remember I TWICE gave them all Gold, 2 Million then a little while later 1 million.

I havent check to see how they are squandering, although i can assure you Greeks are plugging out the fascists as quick as they can....for now...

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------

Comment

I am now at turn 130...still having a serious barage of attacks upon my two forward cities..its like Leningrad or the Stalingrad during WW2...but alas..11 Fascists vs Leviathans and Tanks dont bode well for success.

I am holding tru..no agreements..no exchanges..I tresspass..I demannnd nothing agree to nothing..I have been offered peace treaties..i send them where the sun dont shine..I soon will be building a massive Military and then I am gonna take out a few Orange Cities..say..right in the middle..and defend them..and then attack.....aggressively some unsuspecting civ..to anger the masses..and perhaps bring on Armegeddon..

I will post soon....

The turns are about 1 minute between now..not too terrible...

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
                    Revelation 3:20
                    Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.

Comment

Working...
                    X