tga help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tga help

In one of my mods, I decided to add an old ctp 1 unit from tom davies. In doing so, I changed the sizes of the tgas to comply with CTP2. The game loaded, but the icons for the new unit looked like junk- not even recognizable. How can I fix This?
    -CB
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Chris B (edited March 12, 2001).]</font>
    "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Hi Chris,

May be you do not need to change the size of the tgas. I tried to make CTP2 to use an CTP1 wonder movie and CTP2 stretched it. I know the tgas for the Great Library have the same size. I used the CTP1 tgas to change the age background, because it is easier to saperate them from an pure black background as to separate them from an agebackground.
    By the way the world war 2 scenario contains example tgas.

My be you used the wrong size.
    The size for the large icon is 160x120.
    The size for the small icon is 18x24.
    And the size for the icon is 32x24.

Maybe this information will help you.

Martin.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Probably you saved them as compressed tgas, I dont know if there's any documentation on this, but they have to be uncompressed as i found to my cost...

Oh, and 16 bit as well I think, bu that should be default
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

While we are on TGAs:

I simply tried to put in a new TGA for the scenario menu, by taking an existing TGA and flipping it (using PaintShop Pro 6). Saved the image as a TGA but alas CTPII bombed each time it tried to see the image. Clearly I do not know enough about TGA formats. Anyone got a couple of minutes to give me an idiot's guide?

Comment

Ctp1 and CTP2 need 16bit uncompressed tgas.
          And delete every mask which you made for modifying the image.
          The size of the tga should be something like 38 kB.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hah!! I changed the tga sizes with MS picture editor, and thus they were saved as 24 bit tgas. But that program doesn't support 16 bit ones . How would I change that???
            -CB
            "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

PSP7 - http://www.jasc.com

That you can download for a 30 day trial, and supports almost all file types.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
              X