No announcement yet.

New Ancient Mod in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same experience, somewhere around turn 370 or 400 or so. When the agora is built, it either reappears in the build box and not in inventory, or it is built (appears in inventory) and several of the other improvements such as wall, marketplace, granary, etc, disappear from inventory (reappear in build box).

Regarding the AI building of wonders, I have been the only one to build wonders (3), until recently, when two of the AI civs started to build one. So a tweak or two may be needed here.

I noticed that playing the unmodified game at the hardest level that you can't build early wonders, since the AI is so quick at it. The only way is to acquire them is by conquest, where the AI is not as good as me. I like to build some of the wonders myself and not only achieve them by conquest.

By the way, I was playing the Ancient Mod at the hard level with barbarians only on moderate level. Probably will play on very hard level next time.

Other than those problems, I enjoyed the game very much and look forward to playing more when the agora bug is fixed. I have always wanted to play an Ancient Mod like this. Some of Harlan Thompson scenarios like Mongols, Vandals, etc.,(civ2) have that kind of feel. The early stacked combat with ancient units is pretty exciting.

The regular game (unmodified) packs so much evolution into the game that sometimes you don't get the full experience of a unit, before it's time to move on.

I want my wall and marketplace back.

Comment

I believe I have the Agora bug fixed. It meant reaarranging some improvements in the lists. Basically, CTP2 limits City Improvements/Wonders to no more than 64, and I had passed that number in Improvements.

I should have an update soon. The Medieval tech tree is finished, but I have to go through everything and check to see if everything links up. I am in the process of getting the Great Library to reflect the new additions too.

There are additional units/wonders in the update.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

The update (1.03) will be up sometime this week.

If you want a look at the new tech tree/unit specs, download the .pdf files from
        http://www.mydocsonline.com

login is hexagonia
        password is hextapul

================================================
        1. The Agora (city improvement) bug has been fixed.

2. Expanded Medieval Tech Tree.

3. New city improvements include:
        - Castle
        - Mosque
        - Craft Guild

4. All unit name suggestions have been incorporated to reflect historical accuracy.

5. New units include:
        - Pezheteroi - (Republic only)
        - Janissary - (Calipahte only)
        - Teutonic Knight - (Theocracy only)
        - Dromon
        - Merchant Trader

6. Great Library has been extensively checked to make sure all info reflected in it lines up with gameplay.

Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Sorry for the lack of posting on this...

I've been somewhat busy with things at home and outside of home, so I haven't been been able to work on the Mod as much as I wanted to over the last week. And my son had recently developed a renewed interest in the computer (That was why I had got him the N64 - to keep him off of MY toy...), so my computer time has been reduced even further.

Currently, I haven't posted the text files, as I wanted to give them a runthrough. But yes, the pics and sprites are posted for 1.03. I wanted to have them consistent with the numbering system that OmniGod has worked up for the sprites, so they will have to be downloaded for 1.03.

I am planning on having something by the end of the weekend, though I probably will not be able to get to the game until this Saturday to recheck everything that I have added recently.

Last weekend I had to go through the AI build list for the Advances and make sure that the prereqs for each advance actually preceded those advances on the list. There were some inconsistencies in the previous list. That was all I had time to do last weekend.

I spent some time Tues working on adding some additional population modifiers to some of the buildings, but I was getting global warming messages when I bagan a new game. So I wasted a couple of hours trying to track down why those messages were coming up - it ended up that I had made a change in the userprofile.txt file, which somehow was prompting those messages. I ended up having to reenter the info, because I was working backwards from all the info I had entered.

I'm still not totally happy with the Barb settings either - but further adjustment might wait until 1.04.

FYI, 'Boring Hordes' is set at the CTP2 default 'Raging Hordes' setting.

Comment

Does the version 1.02 have the fix in it? I downloaded and installed the 1.03 update, which is sprites and pictures, etc.

Also, what about using Diplomod with Ancient mod? I know you had some reservations about this before.

Comment

Working...
            X