Anyone want to write some SLIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to write some SLIC?

I have no knowledge of SLIC or of any type of programming beyond the BASIC I learned 20 years ago. I'm trying to pick up a little here and there but it may be a lost cause. Anyway...it may seem presumptuous to ask for someone else to write code BUT I think that this may be fairly simple and something others might use. I was thinking of a piece of code where a city that's been captured by barbarians would, after "x" amount of turns, either 1) form a new civ, 2) revert back to their old civ or 3) join the nearest civ (which could be the same as #2).

Since AI civs aren't real good about recapturing cities lost to barbarians, I thought this might be an alternative. I'm going to spend some time looking at those goals and strategies texts to see if we can get the AI to make a concerted effort to retake captured cities esp in light of what Wes is learning from Azamel. I still think the SLIC would be cool anyway!

Stupid question: a piece of code such as that...would it just be pasted into the scenario.slc file??

Well...if no one wants to write the code...could you at least tell me if it's possible in SLIC?? Pretty please...

Comment

Working...
    X