Adding Feats of Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Feats of Wonder

In CtP II, I like the Feat of Wonder idea a lot, and I would like to create some additional ones. I have already made two of them, seeing the feat.txt to see how must I code them in order for the feats to take place, but does someone here have better instructions for creating feats, like the list of possible effect.
    Or perhaps, there are already some custom feats added in the game?
    This would help me in creating FoW a lot.

------------------
    Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

You got 2 to work????? HOW??? I've been trying to get some to work by imitating existing ones but altho i dont get any errors, I also dont seem to be able to trigger them. The two i wanted are:

first to build 12 arenas gets the Sports_league and that civ gets a +1 happiness for 10 turns. And the first to build 5 universities gets the Higher_education and gets a 5% science bonus for 25 turns. To test it, I rush build the buildings as soon as i get enough cities, but I never get a message saying the feat has been achieved

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

Comment

Alpha Wolf, are you sure you changed BOTH feat.txt in default\gamedata and feat_str (or what was it's name) in english\gamedata. Feat.txt is a list of feats, their effects and durations, while the second one are the dialogs you see on the screen when you achieve the condition.
      Mine two were: several academies, for science boost, and 14 Granaries give a growth boost. I tested it on Beginner, to get more money, built cities, rushed the build, and it worked - both the dialog did appear, and the effect took place.

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Solver on 02-02-2001 04:29 AM
        Alpha Wolf, are you sure you changed BOTH feat.txt in default\gamedata and feat_str (or what was it's name) in english\gamedata. Feat.txt is a list of feats, their effects and durations, while the second one are the dialogs you see on the screen when you achieve the condition.
        Mine two were: several academies, for science boost, and 14 Granaries give a growth boost. I tested it on Beginner, to get more money, built cities, rushed the build, and it worked - both the dialog did appear, and the effect took place.

Changed both of those and thought there was a 3rd file too. I've been noticing that the cheat menu has had some weird effects on gameplay, maybe this is another one of those. I have to try again and let the game progress to see if it occurs. Thanks.

------------------
        History is written by the victor.

Comment

I have seen strange effects after modifying gamefiles, too, but I don't know why they take place.

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X