Battlescene Sprite Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlescene Sprite Animations

Where does the Battlescene Sprite Animations come from?

I assumed the sprite creator did this but the DB says the Amazon units are not animated. However, when you use them, they are animated and quite good. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Yeah they are in the *.spr files.

Comment

Yeah, this announcement surprised me as well since they are indeed animated. Maybe he was referring to movement animations? I always disable those since they slow down the game too much.

(Oh, and yes, all animations are part of the sprite file)
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Skorpion59
        When you create a sprite there are a number of 'scenes to create (or not).

First thre is the movement - the first of whcich is the default 'view when stationary'

next there is the Idle scene - not normally used but CTP2 used this hence the poin south SE direction or SW direction once everything has moved ( compard with CTP1)

Then youe hav the battle scenes.

And finaly the death or victory scene this is the face SE scene only and this is why in the battle sceeen if someone is the left hand team which point NE facing - the death scene jumps back to a SW or SE facing.

There is also a special set of movements but I've never created them.

Finally the shadows that re created are why sometims a shadow exists after a unit has dissappeared uder the death scene (easily avoided but probably still there in CTP2 like CTP1)

Hope this explains things - PS the size variation in the Sprite is becasue of the number of GIF files used to create and depends on the base size of the Gif file (normally 3-4K each)

Comment

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.
          Don,
          CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Must remember to switch on the spelling verifyer Hope you understood most of that!

Comment

Working...
            X