No announcement yet.

OmniGod's next major project - WORLD.bmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is all on my computer for now... you could convert the whole thing to a ctp2 map, but I don't think that it'd like that very much. The map is nothing more than the one Harlan had for the Eastern World. This map will include the whole earth at a very nice scale. Back to work...

Rich

Comment

Okay, I have the basics of North America done that's 180W to 0 and 90N to 0. But I still need to iron out the area. I've got a sample map from the bmp as it is right now. I choose the North Eastern USA. It's not bad for a project still in the works but from it you can see the details. I thought about doing one just of say the New York to Washington area just for the heck of it but thought that this would show a better range. I hope you enjoy it and are anticipating the completion of this project as much as I am.

Rich
      ]http://maps4ctp2.homestead.com/files/omni_northeast.zip
      [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited January 21, 2001).]

Comment

Okay I'm mad.. I've restarted the project due to unforseen errors when converting map from RGB to the indexed colours... who wants to have mountains and snow mountains along the edges of all oceans and lakes... not me... I've got a solution to that probelm and so I have to start over... and I'm doing it in strips of 360degrees and 10degrees. That's 18 strips and 3 strips per day hopefully (I would like more but we shall see).

Rich

Comment

Doh, more delays.

Comment

omni, a suggestion: dont leave the cursor over the radar map when you take screenshots

Comment

I was just pointing out where I don't want to live

Comment

LOL, that was good Omni.
                Don,
                CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

There's some great skiing there.

Comment

Your right (it's hills if you check the binary map)... and the legal age is only 18 So all you young'in come on up to merry old Quebec for skiing, drinking and ..... well that's up to you.

Anyway... I've completed the second map from 180W to 180E and 90N to 60N. As soon as I get say England and some of France done, I'll post another sample map. Hopefully it's better this time, or I QUIT

Rich - no I won't quit.

EDIT: Okay here's a taste.. the map is 700x343 for this screenshot (britain is over 450pixels wide, but needs some clean up if you plan on a map of say a portion of England)

[This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited January 21, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                    X