OmniGod's next major project - WORLD.bmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OmniGod's next major project - WORLD.bmp

Well, I was against bmp2ctp2 at first, but man I love it. I've finally got the colour palatte just right for Photoshop and I have a great site for maps, and I have the weekend coming up. Enough time.. not sure, but I'll try. My goal is to create a world.bmp map on the scale of 6246x3618. Presently, I'm working on the area -180 to -100 and 90 to 30. It's a slow process about 30 to 45 minutes per 20x20 degree. Hope to have something ready for posting this weekend, but more likely next weekend.

Rich - Why do I take on such huge projects
    ** Don't worry guys, the database will soon be up, I'm just cataloging stuff.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited January 18, 2001).]</font>

Geez OmniGod!!

How much speed and memory will be required for map that size!? Be careful with the power in your hands.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So am I to take it that this will be even larger than palpatines 28 civ map? If so I'm going to start taking donations for a supercomputer to run this thing on.

Comment

Looks like it's time to upgrade my P3 666.

------------------
        Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Actually, the map is just a bmp, and I checked my size again and I underestimated... it should be around 12492x7236. From this you can resize and cut and use the convertor. The colour palatte will be set so that the only thing that you need to do is place rivers, trade goods, and civs The file in full is 243Mb. So I won't be able to distribute it at the max resolution, but I'll send out something less, but take special requests once it's finished... hey who's to say you don't want a map of Eastern New York State

Rich - no supercomputer here... only a 333Mhz

Comment

Wow - my HP Pavilion beats yours at 667 Mhz, read/write CD drive, 15 GB hard drive, and 128 SDRAM (11 MB for video).

But I'm sure there are others here who have a better computer than the one I have.

Comment

Okay my Aptiva is a 333Mhz, 256 SDram, 16Meg Vid, HP Burner, 16x DVD, and a bunch of fun attachments... And yes, it runs CTP2 very nicely... even with my desire for big maps.

Rich - back to work...
              "finished 180W to 120W and 90N to 60N"

Comment

Can you make me a highly detailed version of Europe? After my Modern Scenario is done I plan on starting a napoleon scenario. It'll probably end up being Alexander II, although not as good.

Comment

Savant created a nice big Europe map 140x70 I believe but, another thought is... WAIT TIL IT'S DONE

Rich

Edit: as of 01/18/01 the map is 180 to 120 and 90 to the equator. Hawaii looks nice
                  [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited January 19, 2001).]

Comment

He said Aptiva! And on the same line "it runs"... wait till I tell my colleagues.

------------------
                    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

ROFL!!! You're sooooo funny Gwap.

Comment

O, sorry, it's just that where I work we hardly ever hear about working Aptivas. It's such a shock to see that we *do* have happy customers. Why don't they ever call?

------------------

Comment

Just an update... the map now has from 90 to 40N and 180W to 0 aswell as 180W to 120W and 40 to 0... that means basically Canada is done and Hawaii, and large parts of Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. I'm actually starting to enjoy this... oh and by the way.. Ireland is approximately 250pixels across and 175 long. This thing is huge. Heck Prince Edward Island, Canada is 75x45... Hope to finish 180W 0 90N 0 by Sat night. I'll release a North America Map then later that night.

Rich - must sleep, eyes hurt, back aches.

Comment

Jeez what a project you've got going there, Omnigod!
                            You make me want to go out and buy the game right now! I had swarn to wait until Wes had finished his mod though...
                            [This message has been edited by Cannes (edited January 20, 2001).]
                            You know the question, just as I did.
                            What is the matrix?

Comment

This isn't all going to run on one computer is it? Send me the whole thing when its done, I'll burn it to a CD and wait 5 years for a new computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X