Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this look for Greece, etc.?

Comment

I would also like to submit the following Greek map for ChrisB. This one is 210x210. The zip contains the text and binary versions, and instructions on how to load both into CTP2. Created using BMP2CTP2, with total time from start to finish of 1hour 3min (and that's to having on my site).

Available at my website and soon on Apolyton.

Rich
      [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

I would also like to submit the following South East Asia map for Magma12. This one is 210x210. The zip contains the text and binary versions, and instructions on how to load both into CTP2. Created using BMP2CTP2, with total time from start to finish of 1hour 31min (and that's to having on my site).

Available at my website and soon on Apolyton.

Rich

Comment

Omnigods, thanks for the map. I am downloading it.

Comment

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!
            "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

I'm thinking about trying my hand (eventually) on a US Civil War scenario, for which I would need a Eastern US map (say, up to the Rockies... okok, that's most of the US). The more detail the better. Anybody have something useful for this already?

------------------
              Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
              Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

I'm presently just off the californian coast with my superhuge map (it's the only one of North America, that I know of) when I get closer to the Eastern tip of Greenland I'll tell ya. Maybe this thing will be useful even when it's being built and not just at the end.

Rich

Comment

an accurate world map for now (less forests etc.)would be great all of them so far either have blobby mistakes like ireland as a diagonal blob its a 3 shape urg i'm making a world now with 32 civs and placed as they are now.

------------------
                  " mind over body "
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

If you want to have ireland not be 3 blob, the only solution is to go larger than 210x210. Have you tried playing a map larger than that with 32 civs... turns take forever. Just a warning, but I am intrigued and when I complete the task I'll see if I can make a large map for you. Time frame is still around 10-15days, since an area 60deg x 90 degrees takes around 4.5hours.

Rich

Comment

Omni, Im havin a little problem. When i try to download your map at ling arthur (greece), it loads a jpeg, no download at all.
                      "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

Sorry about that... I just missed aimed it by a .zip Nice jpeg though

It's fixed now, you can go and get it.

Rich - thanks for finding the error.

Comment

I would very much like a map for a forthcoming scenario that I want to do. I can think up and implement scenario's but let's just say that I'm 'graphically challeged'

It's based on the alterate histories of Harry Turtledove (as he wrote in his books 'How few remain' and the 'GreatWar' series).

I need a rough rectangle with the following dimensions:

North: a bit north of St. Petersburg, Russia (just enough to make it a viable city).

East: the Ural mountains in Russia.

South: Cuba.

West: Japan.

If anyone could supply this then I would be exceedingly gratefull!

------------------
                          'He who thinks great thoughts often makes great errors' - Martin Heidegger
                          19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Thanks Omni

Comment

Alright, now could anyone start a Eurasia map, from england to Japan???
                              Bye the way omni, i like your greece map. I should start a persian wars scenario pak in a few days

Comment

Working...
                              X