Changing Sprites/Adding Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Sprites/Adding Sprites

I want to add the sprites from the WWII scenario into my main game. I know i need to change the library files, but what else do I need to do???
    Is there a written guide anywhere? Or is it a very simple process?

I know you need to change a lot of unit txt files as well as SpriteID.txt ive tried myself but have gotten loads of database errors.look at the files for ww2 scen and see what happened there.
    sounds.txt
    spriteID.txt
    Units.txt
    Units_historic.txt
    Units_release.txt
    gl_str.txt
    Great_Library.txt
    tut_str.txt
    are the unit files i changed for the legion mod but not all may be needed and some more may be needed.

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I know you don't need spriteID. Its just left over from the original CTP. Did you notice it had the CTP1 units
      "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

In default

newsprite.txt
        units.txt
        uniticon.txt

In English
        gl_str.txt

Those were the ones I changed, but I know that sounds.txt is required if you add a sound for your unit.

I think that was everything I did....

Rich

Comment

Working...
        X