Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

I have been playing CIV since day one, but I have never ever been interested in mod's. I may be interested if somone could help me out with my understanding of the txt documents and changing settings. As I said, I have never ever tried changing anything, but am I correct in assuming that all these people that are editing the AI are using the txt documents to do so? If so, is anyone doing anything else, or using another method? Is anything else able to be done, but to play around with the txt documents?
    Having that said, I would just like to know, if I 'did' decide that it was worth while changing these documents, and just say I started a multiplayer game with someone who hadn't... and if I was the host... would my AI act as the AI for all parties or would other peoples txt documents be still in play?
    I would assume that 'my' txt documents would be the 'leading AI', and if that is the case, I am very interested in changing the txt documents around.
    Also, if that is the case, what's stopping people from editing these documents, starting a game on Game Zone for example, and trying to make out they are the 'beez neez' at civ?
    Anyway, I'm probably just tripping, but if anyone 'That actually KNOWS' what they are talking about could brief me on this entire subject, I would be very appreciative

------------------
    It's better to close your mouth and let everyone 'think' you're stupid, than open it and let everyone 'know' you are.
    www.ezone.com - Webmaster & Pagebuilder Community
    Free banner advertising & URL forwarding!
    Community - Chat - Forum

Oh, and also, does this work with the units as well, so if I change the way a unit looks... will it show up on the other players game? or not?
    ...dunno *shrug*
    but I would like to

------------------
    It's better to close your mouth and let everyone 'think' you're stupid, than open it and let everyone 'know' you are.
    Community - Chat - Forum

Comment

Actually, after about 2 minutes thaught, I decided to come back here again and say, don't bother to answer the last question. I have come to the conclusion that the other person would have his own unit documents and there fore his/her computer would use those because it's quicker than sharing those files online, because they are allready on his/her computer.
      Hmmm, that would mean that I'm starting to lose intrest in changing things around for multiplayer use already
      It's too much trouble trying to get other people to add your mod to their game
      Bust I'm still definately interested about messing with things such as game length, AI city names, AI diplomacy/personality and they way the AI makes/uses its units and improvements.
      I am still thinking in the back of my head, and I can't see why the other person/s computer wouldn't use my AI and AI setings and many other settings...
      I'm almost excited!!! LOL
      Anyways, I wait for replies

------------------
      Community - Chat - Forum

Comment

From the way I understand it, multiplayer games compare each other files and won't play if they are different. This is to prevent cheating. Someone else said it does not compare slic files which could be used to cheat. That's why a universal mod like Wes's is so important. If the mod group puts in all the important changes in the units and AI then everybody's files will be the same.

Comment

Working...
        X