X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quote:

Originally posted by Martock on 01-09-2001 08:55 PM
    oooh...brain fart...one other thing...the AI in my game seems to be ICSing...ALOT...the AI seems to just plop the cities down willy-nilly, some practically right next to each other with no room to grow. i went thru the strategies.txt file and edited the MinSettleDistance from 4 to 6 (though there were a few set to 5, and 7). i'll start a new game and see if that clears up the ICSing...i do by the way, have a game saved that shows the AI ICSing...

thats how I got rid of the crammed city syndrome. it works for the most part, but for some reason, certain civs completely ignore settledistance.

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

Comment

• yea Alpha, when i changed that and started a new game i noticed the same thing. another funny thing i noticed, i can always count on at least 1 civ dying out from "unknown" sources...in my current game, i believe it was turn 8 the french were killed. i turned to the cheat menu to see what was the cause...even deployed a whole slew of units in the area the french inhabited. nothing...not even a barbarian. they just vanished. c'est la vie i guess... :P

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Martock on 01-09-2001 11:13 PM
        yea Alpha, when i changed that and started a new game i noticed the same thing. another funny thing i noticed, i can always count on at least 1 civ dying out from "unknown" sources...in my current game, i believe it was turn 8 the french were killed. i turned to the cheat menu to see what was the cause...even deployed a whole slew of units in the area the french inhabited. nothing...not even a barbarian. they just vanished. c'est la vie i guess... :P

I think they starve. i went thru the terrains and gave them better values. Its been awhile since I've seen a city plopped down somewhere stupid now, or seen a civ die before the barbs even show up. Looks like the AI calculates the values on a 2 tile radius (at least thats what it looks like its doing) to determine whether its appropriate to settle there. Too many of the terrains had high values but no food production, so the city couldnt actually support even a pop of 1.

------------------
        History is written by the victor.

Comment

Working...
        X