Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying Goverments

I bought the game today, went home, opened
    the box and started looking what I had bought.
    1 game CD with a cd-case, nice! 1 manual, nice!
    1 poster with all that info, nice!

everything was fine, but then I noticed the
    goverments section in the poster.
    I can only have 60 cities with Virt. Demoncracy.

so the question is: how do I edit goverment
    statistics? I want more cities!!!

a bonus question: how do I add new forms
    of goverment to the game?

------------------
    "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Manual??

Oh - you mean that cheap pamphlet.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In ctp_data\default\gamedata find govern.txt. It has all the government stats and you can also add new governments.

Comment

manual? so does the game come with a manual now?!

===============
        give me a second to get straightened out
        ================

Comment

thanks, Paul.

but how do I add a new advance for example
          fundamentalism?

------------------
          "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

To add new Advances, or to simply modify existing ones, go to CtP/data/default/gamedata/advance.txt. That lists all the advances and their characteristics, and you can copy any one of them, paste it back in as a template, and modify it to your heart's content. Most important things to change are the Prerequisites (in other Advances), Cost, and Icon. I used a lot of icons from other existing advances for mine, since I'm not a graphics guru.
            Next, go into the txt files for Units, govern(ments), Improve(ments), tileimp (tile improvements) and modify them to reflect the new or changed Advances required for new or old units, tile improvements, governments, and city improvements.
            Go to English/gamedata/gl_str and add titles for each of the new Advances.
            If you want any of your new Advances to be possible starting advances, go to default/gamedata/DiffDB.txt and add the advance and a percentage change for the ai and human players to get it for each of the difficulty settings.
            Finally, go into ctpdata/default/aidata/Advancelists.txt and add your new Advances into the proper lists so the ai players will research them.
            Changing Advances and Governments and adding Government types is actually one of the easiest changes to make in the game. The problem comes with making changes that are in line with the rest of the game and balanced - I'm still testing and tweaking mine!

Comment

Working...
            X