Scenario Solution??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Solution??

Hey OmniGod - you mentioned in your readfile for your North Atlantic map that you had problems with people being stuck with English when they begin a scenario.

I do not have that problem with my North America scenario from the map I created. For me, when I start the North America scenario, a menu pops up and prompts me to choose which of the six civilizations I want to play as.

However, I have yet to view and play your North Atlantic scenario and see if I do run into the problem with your created scenario.

I'm not sure what I can point out what I did right.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I think I know what my problem is... at least for the larger maps... for yours I can start it no problem.. just had to reinstall it... and start from scratch on changes... as for my maps, the number of civs is above the amount allowed and thus crashes... at least that's my theory sofar... and even after reinstall, I can't even start either of my maps as scenarios... I redid the start locations as pl/w nation and it didn't work. I'm going to try the other ways, but hmmm... gotta figure this out...

If it helps any I get this message
    quote:

Ctp2 has caused an error in unknown. Ctp2 will now close.

then my kernel goes crazy with
    quote:

Ddhelp has caused an error in Kernel32.dll. Ddhelp will now close.

and the error file that is created states
    quote:

0x006ab724
    0x0068d293
    0x006aca52
    0x006a5064
    0x005c12b1
    0x00643b0a
    0x005e3b92
    0x005e1f3b
    0x005e1eac
    0x005f1ca9
    0x005f22e3
    0x0040c750
    0x0040cb3c
    0x004078b8
    0x00407372
    0x007885cc
    0xbff7b9e4

What the heck?
    Omni
    [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited December 07, 2000).]

Comment

Okay... I've determined that my mine map isn't corrupted since if I place 8 start locations, and the map is set for 8 civs then there is no problem (no ghost civ problem as skorpion called it).. but if the # is above 8 then it crashes and the AI goes really dumb....

Is there a way to set the # of civs to 8+ without the option to choose # of civs starting, and if so how? I'll look in a few but I thought maybe someone knew.

Omni

Comment

strange and intersting
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You have to determine the number of Civs you want your scenario to have BEFORE you start creating the scenario. Once you decide that, start your initial scenario development with that number of Civs and never change it. If you want to change the number of Civs, you have to start over from scratch with another scenario.
          Don,
          CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Major bad news......

I hadn't tried doing more than 8 Civs since I have had the production release. Once I read your post in the Help section, I understood what you were getting at.

It appears to no longer be possible to create scenarios with more than 8 Civs. You can create one using the Full Game option but you have to play as the initially selected player and you can't change anything. That pretty much takes away a reason to even do it.

Looks like I have some more investigating to do on this issue as well.
            Don,

Comment

I'm glad and not glad at the same time, I was about ready to fdisk my computer to see it that would resolve any windows/ctp2 problems, but if there is a maximum to the civ limit then dam... this needs to be fixed by activision... what were they thinking

Omni

Comment

They also forced only 5 Civs on a small map. It was the same before but you could still use 8 and it would work. (Why you would want to, I don't know but you could).

I generally only use 8 Civs in scenarios, even with (slightly) bigger maps because the additional strain and slowdown simply isn't worth it. Although testing shows it is much better than it used to be because of the restriction on the number of cities and the fact that you can now delete cities of any size.

All in all, this is still a big disappointment because there are those times when you want to play a big old nasty, winner take all, kick-a@@, stompfest. Oh well, one more item to figure out how to get around.

Speaking of which, I find your comments about unhappiness and splitting nations interesting. Definantly something to check into.
                Don,

Comment

Working...
                X