North America Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North America Map

I am about halfway done creating a gigantic sized North American continent map that includes all of Canada, United States and almost all of Mexico. Cuba and Haiti/Dominican Republic are also on this map.

Unfortunately, while I did my best to have this map proportinate with each area, it might not be the best. MarkG - could I make this available on Apolyton once I have this map completed?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Ooo ooo ....

Where's the map? I'm interested... saves me time from having to make it? What's the dimensions... and how realistic?

Omni

Comment

You want your Christmas gift early?

Ok - well, the North America map I created is a size 90 x 180. I tried fixing the earlier proportion problems between different areas so it does look better now. Well, with concerns of being realistic, I included all major geographic terrain regions that I am aware of in United States area, Canada area, and Mexico area.

I need to know how I can post a link on here for this map. Do you know how I can do this? thanks

Comment

MarkG, I have my North America map completed now. As soon as possible, I will simply provide a link to the download file on this post. What about making it available directly on Apolyton?

Comment

Well what I would suggest would be to put it on your website and place a link to it here... if you don't have a site and Mark says it could take 2-3 weeks to post on apolyton then email me the zip file and I'll post it on my website. And yes I love getting christmas presents early... and just to show you how much I appreciate it I'll let you in on a new thread that I'm going to start in a few minutes...

Omni Project II has begun...

This time the project is the North Atlantic and you'll be much happy with this map... especially if you have a mid to high end system...

Omni

Comment

I was wiping up my drool when you mentioned a North Atlantic map. (joking)

PLEASE let me know how that project goes and yes, I will e-mail you the North America map. I need to do one last thing - how can I restrict starting civilizations to only North American ones when a player starts a game on this map?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MrFun on 12-04-2000 01:07 AM
              I need to do one last thing - how can I restrict starting civilizations to only North American ones when a player starts a game on this map?

The only way that I could see so far... with limited knowledge... is to place settlers of the civs that you want the map to be limited to.... or hopefully you can place nation with player choice start positions... but the later isn't working at least for me...

Omni

Comment

I know how to place civilizations now - I just don't want random civilizations to appear in a new game on this map.

I want only these computer civilizations to appear on this map: Mexico, Native Americans, Americans, Canadians, and Cubans - just those five.

Comment

Well if the map is only set for 5 civs and you place each one of those on the map or set those nations with player choice (all in the editor) then no other nations should appear, another thing to do if this is a scenarion is to change profile.txt to say MaxPlayers=0 this means that if a civ dies and another revolts then that new civ will be barbarian and no other civ can just pop up... but with MaxPlayers=5.. if a civ dies they can come back in a revolt... (my preference... )

Is that enough?

Omni

Comment

Yeah - that should do it! I will do this later today after my university classes.

Comment

Hope you downloaded the North America map I e-mailed you, OmniGod.

Let me know when you'll post it on your website. And definitely let me know what you think of the map. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Okay I just downloaded it and am in the process of creating space on my page for it... I also added a readme file containing the information that you wanted to clarify in the email. It should be up at 10:15EST at the following link...
                        http://pcouw.homestead.com/games.html

I will check it out the map as soon as I have it posted, and before I get back to my project...

Okay.. does the scenario start work for everyone but me, ctp2 just crashes as soon as I go to start up your scenario, I bet you tested it on yours and there's no problem... maybe I'll have to reinstall, but I just wanted to check that it works on someone elses comp first...

The only thing that I didn't like when I saw it in the load game screen (a last ditch effort) was the lack of northern islands. I'm big into having military bases (forts with air strip next to them and a listening post) and they make the best location to spy on the Canadians and Americans... but other than that it looks pretty good... nice job.

Omni

[This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited December 05, 2000).]

Comment

Omni, I haven't really play a game on it, I just tested it to make sure it started okay. I did not have any problems with the full game starting the first few turns.

Also, I did leave out the Artic Circle in this North America map because I felt I did not have enough room. I could have made myself a larger map to begin with but like you said, it's nice enough.

Comment

Sorry for the dumb question, but how would I go about changing the selected nations on the 28 person map? I mean when I load up the senario there already pre decided, and I was woundering if there was a way to change that.

Thx
                            Antman

Comment

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but if you want to increase the number of civilizations in my created scenario, here MIGHT be the method:

1) copy the map in the scenario folder into your map folder

2) then after launching the Scenario/Map Editor, open up the North America map and then you should be able to change the number from there

I think that should be it.

Comment

Working...
                              X