PowerPoints attribute in Units.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerPoints attribute in Units.txt

What is this attribute for? It is listed below the ShieldCost line in the file. Any idea?

It does nothing. It was already there in CTP1; I believe it was a feature that was never implemented.

Comment

Maybe its used to calculate the power graph?
      When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
      When you cry, the world laughs at you.

Comment

It is.

Read more in the CtP-Multiplayer section, Power Graph Interpreted (By Quinns).
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

You sure it is used. I tried messing around with it as the figures seemed way off. But don't seem to affect the powergraph.

Comment

Paul is right. Powerpoints were never implemented. They don't do anything.
            Don,
            CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

It's for luck!

No, just kidding, it doesn't do anything. It was supposed to be a multiplayer option, you'd get X "Power Points" at the start of the game with which to purchase initial units and cities. It would have sped the start of the game a little bit, but there's a lot of stuff in this game and it was a bit unwieldly. Being able to set your starting gold is not quite as fast or cool, but works out about the same in the end.
              Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

Thanx all- this has helped me to understand units.txt even more. Some very interesting stuff in there, btw.

Ever heard of Frigates? ;¬)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ogre
                  No, just kidding, it doesn't do anything. It was supposed to be a multiplayer option, you'd get X "Power Points" at the start of the game with which to purchase initial units and cities. It would have sped the start of the game a little bit, but there's a lot of stuff in this game and it was a bit unwieldly
                  Who wants some SLICing
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Can you access the PowerPoints field through SLIC? Presumably you can, and it might be handy for all sorts of data that you want to asociate with units for mod purposes.

Comment

Supposedly, you can access any integer or floating point variable within any single block of almost any text file. So presumably you can access the powerpoints of any unit. But in practice, I've never had much luck with it.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                      X