Bigger Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Maps?

How do I make a random map that is larger than the current gigantic map?

I know that in Smac, you could adjust the size in one of the txt files...but I haven't found anything in the files that seems to let me do it...

I would really like a bigger map because of I use 15-20 civs ever game...Thanks!

Kevin

moving to CTP2-Creation forum.....

Comment

sorry about that...

Comment

I think I answered my own question...I snooped a bit closer, and here is what I found:

ctp2_data\default\gamedata\const

# These map size settings must all be defined,
        # and in this order
        #
        MAP_SIZE_SMALL 26 52 2
        MAP_SIZE_MEDIUM 48 96 2
        MAP_SIZE_LARGE 64 128 2
        MAP_SIZE_GIGANTIC 90 180 2

I changed the GIGANTIC map size from 70-140 to the above...I haven't played on it yet, so we'll see how it goes with 16 civs...

Kevin

Comment

Hypotesis:
          maybe they tuned down the enourmous map (which is just slghtly bigger than the previuous one) to avoid stressing low end PC performance...
          ... just a thought.
          The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

well, in the game I started with my new "larger" map, I have 18 civs...so far the game is chugging along pretty nicely...I'm at about 500 AD...

I don't think people with lower-end machines should try this though...I've got a 800MHz Dell, 64 MB DDR Video Memory, 128 DRAM memory...pretty nice machine...

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X