Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make two civs signing a treaty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make two civs signing a treaty?

I tried to make two civs to sign a treaty, unfortunatly I already tried to use ConsiderNewProposal, SetNewProposal, Event:Accept, Event:NewProposal, ConsiderResponse, SetResponse, EventesireMotivation, but so far no success. When I use the HasAgreement function there is no agrement even in a post Accept event handler.

I need this feature, because I am not content with the embassy check routines of Diplomod 3.6, first there are buggy and second they don't survive a /reloadslic.

I hope it is possible to use disabled proposals. The advantage of this way is that if two civs have such an embassy treaty, no arrays are necessary anymore to store this information, and it wouldn't be deleted by a /reloadslic.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Martin,

you might know better than me, but aren't treaties getting active the next turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
      Martin,

you might know better than me, but aren't treaties getting active the next turn?
      Actually I doubt that treaties become active the next turn, for instance if I sign a ceasefire or a peace treaty I get the icons in the diplo-manager in the same turn. Well I have to wait a little bit until the graphics thing is updated but than it is there in the same turn.

Unfortunatly even if they would become active the next turn, the HasAgreement function had reported it. I used a message box that told me everyturn the status of the particular treaty between two civs. And only one of these treaties was indicated and I signed it on my own.

-Martin

Comment

Yes, you are right, tried it again yesterday. It is only a timedifference between 'signing' and updating.

But I was trying to recall yesterday any game were the AI had signed anything.......I can't remember.........

I think they did in the default game, but that was it. I might not be right here, but that's what I have in mind..........

Comment

You want to get one AI civ to propose a treaty to another one and then have the recipient accept it? You have to generate a NewProposal event within a NextDiplomaticState event. Here's the basic idea:

Comment

OK as far as I understood it, I can't do it neither within the ContactMade nor within the EstablishEmbassy nor within any other event except the NextDiplomaticState. That means I need temporay globals, but better than permerment globals. What I don't understand is purpose of the LogRegardEvent function.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
            X