War disconent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War disconent

Does anyone know the actual factors that cause war discontent, Like army size in city, enemy army size.

cause when i play, as communists at peace with everyone and good defences i still got war discontent

the only thing i could have done is capture a city and return it to the nation for a cease fire. Could that affect it?

This is a mystery I would like an answer to myself as there should be no more "war discontents" as soon as you are no more at war with another nation. However I have already noted that my cities had some "war discontents" although I was at peace with everyone.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah this is a bug, even when Ive never been at war my citizens eventually get war discontent.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I think it actually has something to do with the number of units (own) in the city or in its radius. But might be only true for Democracy and alike.

At least during some games I saw (but never tested) so more units around so higher the war disconent............

Comment

Perhaps is it also linked to the "military readiness" level, if you feel secure, Gaiastate, try lowering your war readiness level to "in alert" or "at peace" (beware, decreasing the scale takes effect immediately while climbing up the scale takes effect something like 20 turns later).

If it works, it means it is not a bug but a feature of the game that makes sense.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Good call Tamerlin, but its still a bug because nations should be able to keep their armies ready and keep people happy when not at war.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

The most important factor is the size of your army: the more units, the more war discontent. What other factors also play a part, I'm not sure, but the total size of your army is certainly the most important factor.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well the overall size of the army may be something, I should point out that im not with peace but at cease fire. Also im a communist gov. so realy the people shouldn't be *****ing. If it army size i suppose this is the system that is supposed to stop you from dominating the world.

Does anyone know how to change war discontent, im making a huge ass WW1 map and because of war discontent, britain spends most of the time in rioting, and if anyone knows anything about WW1 britain is bloody important.

Comment

In govern.txt, a sample entry

WarDiscontentMaxUnits 20
                  WarDiscontentPerUnit 0.75

Set the MaxUnits to a very high number and/or set the PerUnit to a very low number.

There are also other numbers in govern.txt that can be used to adjust unhappiness settings. Take a look at the file.
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                  X