Need Help with TileEdit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with TileEdit

I downloaded the TileEdit program and have tried to implement the 'Strong Hold' bunker from the WWII units pack but have run into some difficulties installing everything correctly for CTP. I resized the bunker in photoshop and succesfully loaded it into the TileEdit program as a tile improvement. Then saved the gtset565.til file and the resulting tga file from the bunker (TILE0000.tga). However, I've tried sticking that file into various places and can't seem to find where it should go. Anybody know? Second, how and where do I change the strings to identify it? I've tried screwing around with tileimp.txt and installations.txt but to no avail - crashes and tells me it can't find the string on load-up. Anybody who's succesfully implemented a new tile improvement, can you advise me please?

A
    "that's right, a SLAVER!!!"

Ohhh Kay.

When you put the tile improvement into TileEdit, you should get the screen where you assign it a Position and a Tile Improvement ID.
    If you did assign it a TileID, then you can use this in tileimp.txt
    Copy an entry similar to one you want, probably a fort, rename it (replace the *** with a new name) and then put in your tileID
    TILEIMP_*** {
    //stuff

TerrainEffect {
    Terrain TERRAIN_BROWN_HILL
    Terrain TERRAIN_HILL
    Terrain TERRAIN_WHITE_HILL

BonusProduction 20
    BonusGold 5
    EnableAdvance ADVANCE_STEAMENGINE
    ProductionCost 1000
    ProductionTime 2
    TilesetIndex <==== Insert yout TileID here
    }
    }
    Then to gl_str.txt, add a line like
    TILEIMP_*** "Strong Hold Bunker"
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply Wombat, but that's not exactlly the info I need. I'm trying to install it to CTP (not CTPII). I realise i'm in the wrong thread (I also posted in CTP thread, but I figured this might win more or faster attention) and I was under the impression that they'd be the same. Obviously now they are not. If you can peruse my cutting and pasting below and offer any more advice it would be gold.

This is what I've got to work with: tileimp.txt, installations.txt and tileimpicon.txt. (i've been told the last is irrelevant but I'm not so sure).

Here's a sample from my tileimp.txt:

TILEIMP_FORTIFICATIONS { TILEIMP_DEFAULT_ICON ICON_TILEIMP_FORTIFICATIONS }

(all on one line).

[Here's a sample from my installations.txt]:

INSTALLATION_FORTIFICATIONS {
      PRODUCTION_COST 1000
      PRODUCTION_TIME 4
      VISION_RANGE 2
      RADAR_RANGE 0
      ATTACK 0

FIREPOWER 0
      DEFENSE_BONUS 1.5
      ENABLING_ADVANCE ADVANCE_STONE_WORKING

### FLAGS HERE

#DEFAULT_SPRITE SPRITE_FORTIFICATIONS # #id string of the default sprite

BUILD_SOUND_ID SOUND_ID_FORTIFICATIONS
      VISIBILITY_CLASS_0

VISIBILITY_CAN_SEE_0

IS_FORT
      INSTALLATION_LAND
      }

### INSTALLATION DONE ###

[And lastly a smaple from my tileimpicon.txt]:

ICON_TILEIMP_FORTIFICATIONS "CT046F.tga" "null" "GAMET046.txt" "HISTT046.txt" "PREQT046.txt" "VARIT046.txt" "Null" "STATT046.txt"

As you probably already know, the CT046F.tga file doesn't exist on a hard drive search - instead it's all compressed into that gtset565.til file. I've tried plugging in the TI ID and the TI Number (different values, but what's the difference between them...?) into all kinds of places and in different combinations. No luck though... is it futile or am I completely missing something?

Thanks for the help,

A
      "that's right, a SLAVER!!!"

Comment

Ok, Let's move this to the other thread then. Sorry.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
        X