I need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help!!

could anyone help me i heard there was a mod for capturing cities instead you can enslave them on CTP2. I searched everywhere, couldn't find it. could anyone possibly lend me it?

well i think you will find that the main mods will let you do this. So either Cradle,ApolytonPack,World At War(WAW) etc should be fine. The links are in one of the topped threads above - just follow the links and then check the readme files. I think the Apolyton Pack is a good one to start with
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I confirm what has written Child of Thor, you can indeed enslave a newly conquered city in the Super Apolyton Pack 2.0 (this is also the case in the other mods).

When you enslave a city, its population is distributed among your nearest cities. Enslavement has a price though, the more slaves you have in a city the more chances you have they can revolt and create a new civilization if there are not enough military units in the said city. You thus have to garrison the cities in which you have slaves (there is a "handcuffs" symbol near the name of the city).
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ok

ok cheers i will download that mod, does it worrk on normal game?

Comment

Yes Chris 1:

For the SAP 2.0 remember you have to Patch your game with the 1.1 version and Install modSwapper 1.5 before installing the SAP 2.0.

ModSwapper is a mod manager that allows you to install several mods and choose the one you want to play. You will have to start a new game through ModSwapper and not the original CtP2 exe.

Read carefully the ReadMe of the Apolyton Pack, some manipulations are needed before you can play the modded game.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Ok do you know of a good site were i can download them?
            As i sometimes have problems downloading viruses etc....

Comment

Ok Chris try these links, it appears the Super Apolyton Pack link in the 'Important Files and Mods' section above doesn't work.

Activision Patch v1.11 here

Mod Swapper here

Super Apolyton Pack here

Install CTP2 first, then the v1.11 patch, then Mod Swapper,then Super Apolyton Pack - follow the readmes with the downloads and fingers crossed it should all work fine
              (oh yeah these files are from Apolyton so should be virus free - It's not kraza( ) ok!)

[Note for Locutus : The link for Apolyton Pack might need changing - Dales site no longer is there! Also maybe this thread should be moved to the 'general/help/info' forum?]
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

RED ALERT UNITS

ok cheers,

another thing, im not sure if i should start another thread. But has anyone ever thought of adding red alert units? or doing a Red Alert stye scenario?

i would be most interested in getting some new tank units.

Comment

Tank unit eh?
                  Well we got tanks sprites in CtP1, CtP2, five more in the WW2 scenario which you can download from the directory as linked to from every page on Apolyton. Go to Directory->CtP2->Scenarios->WW2, we also have some more WW2 and post-WW2 tanks that come in the WW2 unit pack, also up for downloading, though these are unanimated, and need sorting out.
                  Adding units from Red Alert could be difficult depending on how the graphics are stored. Also, IIRC wouldn't they be a little small?

For WW2-postWW2 gameplay, try Dale's World at War mod, which is set in the era 1900-1950, and has a good modern-age warfare feel too it. Plus the AI is killer.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Got another problem

i have another problem, my ctp2 keeps crashing and goes into debug mode for some reason, do you know how to fix it.

i will look at the tank mods you suggested.

Comment

Have you changed the line DebugSlic=yes to DebugSlic=No in your Userprofile.txt?

You will find this file at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp

Hope it will solve your problem!

Comment

yep did that,

what actually happens is i click on enter when i have finished a turn. and suddenly it goes straight to windows with an error message saying ctp2 has caused an error, then it debugs the program.

It annoyed me incredibly as i was just about to conquer India. It errored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Try the Reloadslic trick:

- Before ending your turn hit the ' key
                          - Type /reloadslic and press Enter
                          - Press Enter again to close the chat window...
                          - End your turn

It should process normally without any problem. Some features of the mods (I am thinking about the Diplomod 3.6) are sometimes the source of crashes...

Comment

Also ensure no other programs are running in the background(like file share/virus programs.).
                            One other possibility is a bug in the game where by if you or any other civ try to pillage left over tile improvements(farms/mines etc) that are no longer inside an owned territoy(the city was destoyed), then you get a crash to desktop. Martin wrote a fix for this which is in the file database somewhere, but it might also have been included into the latest Mod versions. Someone else will have to confirm if this is the case for SAP. But see how you go with what Tamerlin suggested and try to have CTP2 running with no other programs in the background.

Comment

The pillage netral tile fix is not in the file database (IIRC). AFAIK it is somewhere on the first two or three pages of the Apolyton Pack 2 thread. However it is included in GoodMod. For your current game
                              chris1 do what Tamerlin suggested.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X